mrmet1986

it must be george bush's fault

We had a storm roll in right after we got lunch on our HMC day back in 2009;

100_1516-vi.jpg

100_1567-vi.jpg

100_1581-vi.jpg

It rained so hard that we lost sight of our ship;

100_1591-vi.jpg

The majority of the HMC sun worshipers headed to the ship as the storm rolled in and as you can see many of them were on tenders by the ship as the storm past by;

522-vi.jpg

By the time we left, the sky was beautiful and everyone was gone;

100_1601-vi.jpg

Bear with me folks.......never "been there, done that".....so barring a monsoon making it impossible to tender....if a storm like that blows in and the majority of folks head back to the ship, is EVERYONE required to leave?

We had a storm roll in right after we got lunch on our HMC day back in 2009;

100_1516-vi.jpg

100_1567-vi.jpg

100_1581-vi.jpg

100_1591-vi.jpg

The majority of the HMC sun worshipers headed to the ship as the storm rolled in and as you can see many of them were on tenders by the ship as the storm past by;

522-vi.jpg

100_1601-vi.jpg

Great pics...

I love the rain (lived in Seattle for 15 years) would not mind a little rain shower when we visit in August, it clears everything out :D

The pictures of the progression are wonderful

What/where is HMC?

HMC is Half Moon Cay, a private island in the Bahamas. Was formerly Little Salvador Island before being acquired by HAL. After Carnival Corp. acquired HAL, CCL ships now make stops at HMC although HAL has first dibs on HMC. It is a beautiful beach day and they set up a big lunch service for everyones enjoyment. Lunch is free; pop, beer and alchohol drinks can be purchased.

We had a storm roll in right after we got lunch on our HMC day back in 2009

Thanks for the pics, that was cool. Was your cabana dry or was it just wooden planks that the rain came through? Just curious because we rented one. Thanks!

Thanks for the pics, that was cool. Was your cabana dry or was it just wooden planks that the rain came through? Just curious because we rented one. Thanks!

nina_930,

Half is dry and half wet. DW pulled a lounger back under the dry part and slept thru most of the rain; I hit the water once it really started pouring and loved every second of it.

Watching the ship disappear;

2352344090065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

DW snug and dry;

2895362770065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

View of the ship from the water;

2040256260065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Cruise Critic friends from Canada who had the cabana beside ours also enjoyed the water during the storm;

2214358090065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Just when we thought it was raining as hard as it could, it would then rain even harder;

2588354760065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Karen said it was the best sleep she ever had, but I sure wish she had been with me;

2009631960065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

nina_930,

Half is dry and half wet. DW pulled a lounger back under the dry part and slept thru most of the rain; I hit the water once it really started pouring and loved every second of it.

Watching the ship disappear;

Thanks so much! Good to know we will have shelter if we want it.

Was on Miricle mid May 2010, we hit the worst storm i have ever seen, it was nice till we tendered to the island, we set up "shop" on the beach , the kids got in the water, i snorkeled for all of 10 minutes and than it happened , the sky opened up with thunder and rain that we could not believe, every ran for the brabecue, than is stopped and looked promising, but NO, it started agian just as we where making our way to the tender...we lost a video camera and ships phone...(yeah i know why take a ships phone off the ship...dont ask..but i cost me for my stupidity)..but who knew it was going to rain that bad...we have been in showers before , but they always pass by..NOPe..the rain was so bad that the bottom deck of the tenders where flooding...VERY DISAPOINTED...but oh well the bar's where open and the booze was flowing and the kids enjoyed CAMP Carn...and mom and dad enjoyed the drink....:cool:

Archived