Any kids on Celebrity Silhouette Thanksgiving week 2015

crockett322

Hi, new to the forum.

I am seriously considering taking my 12 year old daughter on the Silhouette cruise during Thanksgiving week.

It appears from what I have read that the age group is typically older on this ship, compared to some of the other ships. This certainly is fine with me.

Just wondering if there will be some young ones.

What typically is the case?

Thanks,

Crockett322

Welcome to Cruise Critic. there is a forum here called Roll Calls. That is where you can 'meet' other CC members who will be on your cruise. Go back to the main boards page, scroll down to ROLL CALLS, click on Celebrity Connections, then Silhouette, and look for a thread with the dates for your cruise. Introduce yourself and ask your question. EM

OP - you might try calling Celebrity and asking. I have read that Princess will give you the breakdown of kids on board by age group, maybe Celebrity does the same. Of course if you call now that number may change with last minute bookings between now and Thanksgiving but at least it would give you a clue (and the number would most like increase between now and then).

Edited by capriccio

No cruise line will give out demographics of a particular cruise. It's just not good business for them to do this because you could be losing customers if you tell them, for example, that there will be 400 kids on board, and you're wanting a cruise with fewer kids. We've tried to get this info, through our TA, and both Princess and Celebrity would not give out that info.

Celebrity doesn't attract nearly as many kids as other lines. There's just not the fun things that other lines have such as specialty pools, wave riders, ice skating, and all the rest. Being Thanksgiving, there will be more kids, but not nearly as many as on RCI, NCL or Carnival.

My experience on holiday cruises is that there are more children. I've done 2 Thanksgiving cruises in Explorer and there were tons more children. Also more children on Xmas HAL and Cunard where you normally do not see many children, but nowhere in the same numbers as Explorer.

Especially if you are driving, you might want to look into a ship out of Port Canaveral. Freedom of the Seas is a favorite family ship, but there are also other cruises out of that port.

Hi, new to the forum.

I am seriously considering taking my 12 year old daughter on the Silhouette cruise during Thanksgiving week.

It appears from what I have read that the age group is typically older on this ship, compared to some of the other ships. This certainly is fine with me.

Just wondering if there will be some young ones.

What typically is the case?

Thanks,

Crockett322

DH and I sailed on Celebrity Eclipse over Thanksgiving week in 2011. Prior to boarding we did not know there was an American Girl Doll Celebration on board that week and consequently, there were about 150 or so families on board with children and dolls. There were lots of activities for them such as having the girls' and dolls' hair done, look-a-like competition, and every night at dinner in the main dining room, there were "high chairs" which hung on the table edge to hold the dolls during dinnner.