Tampa pre-cruise stay

Anyislandwilldo

I've been doing some research on where to stay in Tampa before our cruise. While I'm going back and forth checking all sorts of information I figured I would just save myself sometime and post my questions in one nice little thread.

This is what I'm looking for:

hotel with airport shuttle

along with shuttle to cruise port

in an area we can walk to dinner

hotel with free breakfast and pool

budget for hotel under $200

Hopefully someone has already stayed at a hotel that matches my criteria and is willing to share. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Several hotels in the Rocky Point area likely meet your requirements - Chase Suites, Hampton Inn, etc. Dates would help -- in the low season you should be able to stay for well under $200/night.

We are staying at Hyatt Place Airport this week. Free airport shuttle and $25 to the pier for 2. Several place nearby (easy walk) for dinner, plus they will shuttle you anyplace within 2 miles (which covers the large Mall and dining places near it) for free.

I think the shuttle back from the pier is only $15 for 2.

Don't get stuck on free airport transportation. Uber in Tampa is much less than your big city prices. Look at the overall cost. If you find a hotel that is $50 less 7 miles away and Uber is $20 to get to it, it may make more sense. Check your favorite travel website for reviews before you book it. The pier is about 7 miles East (and a little south) of the airport

I've been doing some research on where to stay in Tampa before our cruise. While I'm going back and forth checking all sorts of information I figured I would just save myself sometime and post my questions in one nice little thread.

This is what I'm looking for:

hotel with airport shuttle

along with shuttle to cruise port

in an area we can walk to dinner

hotel with free breakfast and pool

budget for hotel under $200

Hopefully someone has already stayed at a hotel that matches my criteria and is willing to share. Thanks in advance for your responses.

We stay at the Rocky Point Holiday Inn, free shuttle from the airport, $10 to $15 ride to the port.

A very nice place to eat right across the parking lot.

They have the free breakfast and a heated pool.

We will be staying there on 10-28 before our cruise.

I've been researching Tampa hotels for our pre-cruise night next April. I have narrowed it down to three hotels one of which is the Hampton Inn & Suites Ybor City/Downtown. The Hampton does not have a free airport shuttle. But as others have said Uber or Lyft are very inexpensive to get around in Tampa. It does offer a courtesy shuttle that takes you anywhere in a three-mile radius which would include the Port (it's 1 mile away from the hotel). Since it is located right in Ybor City, there will be an abundance of restaurants/nightlife etc. nearby. There is also a Trolley stop just next to the hotel. We have already been scouting dinner and entertainment options. We will likely eat at the Columbia Restaurant (Cuban/Spanish fusion) and take in some of the cigar bars in the area. The hotel also has a nice pool and offer a free hot breakfast. I'm not sure what time of year you are cruising, but I checked rates for next month and they were in the $160-170 range. You can save a bit if you sign up for their Hilton Honors program.

Hope this helps!

Misty

I've been researching Tampa hotels for our pre-cruise night next April. I have narrowed it down to three hotels one of which is the Hampton Inn & Suites Ybor City/Downtown. The Hampton does not have a free airport shuttle. But as others have said Uber or Lyft are very inexpensive to get around in Tampa. It does offer a courtesy shuttle that takes you anywhere in a three-mile radius which would include the Port (it's 1 mile away from the hotel). Since it is located right in Ybor City, there will be an abundance of restaurants/nightlife etc. nearby. There is also a Trolley stop just next to the hotel. We have already been scouting dinner and entertainment options. We will likely eat at the Columbia Restaurant (Cuban/Spanish fusion) and take in some of the cigar bars in the area. The hotel also has a nice pool and offer a free hot breakfast. I'm not sure what time of year you are cruising, but I checked rates for next month and they were in the $160-170 range. You can save a bit if you sign up for their Hilton Honors program.

Hope this helps!

Misty

This is very helpful. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums