Princess App while sailing? texting?

svcalum07

Cruising on Golden to Alaska this summer...

Does Princess have an app that will tell you the events of the day?

...if so, does it have a feature where you can text other family who are on board with you?

...if not, is there a way to contact family who are on with you?

Thanks!

...if so, does it have a feature where you can text other family who are on board with you?

Thanks!

YES and YES.. free too.

There’s no app as such. It’s Princess@Sea which uses the ship’s Intranet. When you board, log into the ship’s WiFi. A log-in page will appear where you enter your name, cabin deck and number, and birth date. You’ll be prompted to create a password. Once you’re logged in, an app-like page will appear with lots of options. You can check your folio, dining times, entertainment and activities, save events to your Planner, order room service breakfast, message other passengers, buy an FCD (Future Cruise Deposit), etc. plus go to the Internet. Princess@Sea is free.

Messenger is not interactive. In other words, you have to check for messages; you won’t be notified that you have a message.

e3f5a559f82ca30336d45ef010d7a2ec.jpg

Thank you so much! Looking forward to the cruise...I've dumped $150 at the Columbia store this weekend for cold weather gear since this FL girl doesn't own much!

Keep the tags on the clothing. You may or may not need them. It can be warm in Alaska.

Thank you so much! Looking forward to the cruise...I've dumped $150 at the Columbia store this weekend for cold weather gear since this FL girl doesn't own much!

We have been to Alaska in September, June, and August. September it was tee shirt weather. June it was tee shirt weather. August it wasn't cold but it rained a lot. Naturally that was the time we were camping rather than cruising. While Alaska can be cold that isn't always the case. When we did a land tour followed by a cruise back to Vancouver I actually bought a lightweight sweatshirt in Talkeetna because I didn't have anything warm and thought I would need something for Glacier Bay. One simply never knows what Alaska will bring.

Thanks!

The "app" is a webpage available by wifi even if you don't sign up for an internet package.

The schedule entries includes a "map" hyperlink which will bring up a deckplan with the spot highlighted.

You can text to another passenger, but they have to look for it -- there's no "you've got mail" functionality.

Thought Princess @ Sea was fabulous for checking daily events and onboard account and I was happy the messaging was free (after NCL...). I just wish there were notifications as sometimes we found ourselves "checking" the phone more than we wanted to waiting for a reply