Visa requeriments for Northern Europe Cruise

We are planning to book a 7 nights Northern Europe cruise on MSC Precioza for August next year. Cruise departs from Rotterdam and visits Hamburg, Paris (Le Havre), London (Southampton), Zeegrugge and Amsterdam. I would appreciate any advice on visas for the various ports as I am getting little help from MSC.

We are Ecuadorian citizens. I understand we will need a multiple entry Schenge visa, and I think it will be Ok for the Schengen space ports, but don't know about London-Southampton.

We will be by three weeks in Europe visiting some countries and plan to travel to Rotterdam the second week to board the cruise.

If it's any good, we have US visas.

Thanks in advance for your help.

We are planning to book a 7 nights Northern Europe cruise on MSC Precioza for August next year. Cruise departs from Rotterdam and visits Hamburg, Paris (Le Havre), London (Southampton), Zeegrugge and Amsterdam. I would appreciate any advice on visas for the various ports as I am getting little help from MSC.

We are Ecuadorian citizens. I understand we will need a multiple entry Schenge visa, and I think it will be Ok for the Schengen space ports, but don't know about London-Southampton.

We will be by three weeks in Europe visiting some countries and plan to travel to Rotterdam the second week to board the cruise.

The Schengen visa will cover everything except the UK (London/Southampton) - you would need a separate visa for the UK. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/how-to-apply-for-a-uk-visa-from-ecuador

As Dogs4's reply, a Schengen visa will cover you for all the ports except the U.K. And any Schengen visa allows you to travel freely between Schengen countries.

But as you already seem to be aware you will need a MULTI - entry Schengen visa - this is because your ship leaves a Schengen area country (France) to visit the U.K. and then returns to a Schengen area country (Belgium).

You will also need a separate UK visa.

JB :)

Other points have been answered but Southampton (London) is misleading.

London is 80+ miles away with a journey time of almost 2 hours.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app

Thank you very much for your answers. I understand that we will need a UK visa to visit Southampton. Should it be a turist visit or a transit visit?

Sorry, I don't know.

I suggest you study the terms for each - carefully if a transit visa is a lot less expensive than a tourist visa.

JB :)

I know little about visas, especially as they might apply to a citizen of Ecuador.

I always sigh a little when I see "Paris (Le Havre), London (Southampton)" on an itinerary. Both ports are a good distance from the capital cities and you might like to consider touring more locally to save the hours you would otherwise spend on motorways.

I know little about visas, especially as they might apply to a citizen of Ecuador.

I always sigh a little when I see "Paris (Le Havre), London (Southampton)" on an itinerary. Both ports are a good distance from the capital cities and you might like to consider touring more locally to save the hours you would otherwise spend on motorways.

I totally agree.

We live in the UK and know but people from US and South America will be very disappointed with the London,Paris and Rome claims.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app