Staying in MCO, but cruising from Port Canaveral... Transfer question

setsail1975

We just changed our existing booking from the Horizon to the Sunshine today. We will be flying into Orlando the day before the cruise. We are trying to decide which will be our best option to get to Port Canaveral. One thought was to stay close to the airport and book the Carnival Cruise Line Transfers from the airport to POC.

My question is .....if we stayed in a hotel close to the airport and took a taxi back to the airport the next morning , are we able to get back inside to ground transportation and get onto Carnival’s transfers to POC? If not I guess we’ll have to rent a car, which we rather not do just to drive to the port. Anything feedback would be appreciated, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll be sailing on the Breeze next year out of Port Canaveral. One of my first thoughts was to do exactly what you mentioned. I also thought about staying near the port and taking a shuttle from MCO to the hotel, then the hotel shuttle to the port. Ultimately, I've decided to do a 1-day car rental. I'll drive myself to the hotel near the port, then drop off the car the next morning and take the rental shuttle to the port since it's just around the corner. This also gives me freedom to drive around the night before and to arrive at the port on my schedule, not the hotel shuttle's schedule

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

That's exactly what we did. We stayed at a hotel that had a free shuttle from MCO. The next morning we took the hotel's free shuttle BACK to MCO and the driver dropped us off at the baggage claim area where we'd find the Carnival transfer. It was very simple and the driver had certainly done such a thing many times.

Great , glad to hear this is feasible to do. There’s just so many more hotel options and we are arriving into MCO around 9:00pm... We thought about staying right at they Hyatt inside the airport in case we couldn’t get back into the ground transportation area. Now I could look at other options near the airport.

Earlier this month we cruised out of Port Canaveral, and flew into Mco the night before.

We stayed at an airport hotel and took Cortrans Shuttle from hotel to port the morning of the cruise for $20 per person. We also took Cortrans back to Mco on the return home.

They are easy to deal with and an excellent company!!

My question is .....if we stayed in a hotel close to the airport and took a taxi back to the airport the next morning , are we able to get back inside to ground transportation and get onto Carnival’s transfers to POC?

Yes. The taxi (or hotel shuttle!) will drop you off at the departures level, or maybe the arrivals or shuttle bus/ground transport level. You would then go down to the ground transport level (if not already there) to catch the Carnival shuttle. Everything is done outside of security, so no issues wandering from level to level.

Earlier this month we cruised out of Port Canaveral, and flew into Mco the night before.

We stayed at an airport hotel and took Cortrans Shuttle from hotel to port the morning of the cruise for $20 per person. We also took Cortrans back to Mco on the return home.

They are easy to deal with and an excellent company!!

Oh , I like this idea!!! Thank you

Yes. The taxi (or hotel shuttle!) will drop you off at the departures level, or maybe the arrivals or shuttle bus/ground transport level. You would then go down to the ground transport level (if not already there) to catch the Carnival shuttle. Everything is done outside of security, so no issues wandering from level to level.

Thank you, I was worried they would not let us back in.. I’ve personally never have gone inside the airport a day after I’ve arrived to take a transfer anywhere else... lol

Had I known about this I'd have used them instead. Carnival transfer prices can usually be beat.

OP, the hotel we stayed at was the Hampton Inn and Suites. We took a red-eye flight and arrived around 9:00 in the morning. They got us into our room around noon (after allowing us to enjoy the breakfast buffet that was still going when we got there). Good thing as my husband and I were both falling asleep in the lobby. :o

I’ll check it out, we just want something clean & not break the bank, since we will basically be sleeping there only.

Cortrans shuttle does pickups at several MCO hotels (29 of them) for the ride to the port, so if you are at one of those hotels there is no need to try and get back to the airport for the Carnival transfers. $20 per person each way. Beats the Carnival transfers any day. They use small 15-20 passenger buses so there is no waiting for a huge tour bus to fill up.

Check out Cocoa Beach Shuttle

for transfers from the hotel to the port, and then back to the airport, after the cruise.

Our last few cruises, we've used GoPortCanaveral for the hotel and shuttle in the very same situations. Nice lodging, very well organized shuttles to and from the Port. Check out their website, and bundle hotel/shuttle into a single package.

Cortrans shuttle does pickups at several MCO hotels (29 of them) for the ride to the port, so if you are at one of those hotels there is no need to try and get back to the airport for the Carnival transfers. $20 per person each way. Beats the Carnival transfers any day. They use small 15-20 passenger buses so there is no waiting for a huge tour bus to fill up.

Thank you [emoji4]

Check out Cocoa Beach Shuttle

for transfers from the hotel to the port, and then back to the airport, after the cruise.

Our last few cruises, we've used GoPortCanaveral for the hotel and shuttle in the very same situations. Nice lodging, very well organized shuttles to and from the Port. Check out their website, and bundle hotel/shuttle into a single package.

Thank you[emoji4]

We book through http://www.goportcanaveral.com for one low price you get transfer from the airport to the hotel, hotel stay is included in price, then transfer from the hotel to the port and post cruise from the port to the airport. We paid $158 total for my hubby and me, staying at a Best Western. :cool:

We book through http://www.goportcanaveral.com for one low price you get transfer from the airport to the hotel, hotel stay is included in price, then transfer from the hotel to the port and post cruise from the port to the airport. We paid $158 total for my hubby and me, staying at a Best Western. :cool:

We ended up booking at the Best Western this morning for $127.00 . I did look on the Cortrans website and saw the transfer information and the Best Western was on their hotel pick up list. I will check this out too and compare. We did book a car rental in POC on the day of disembarkation and we will drop it off at MCO cause we have a late flight out that day. Thank you for the info:)

I’m looking to stay close to port, not airport, so I’m going to have to find transportation to Port Canaveral from MCO. I had a bad experience with hotel to port shuttle on my last cruise (it was late, and went to other hotels) so I probably will just take a taxi to port in the morning. What shuttle service would everyone advise from airport to hotel in Port Canaveral? My daughter keeps saying Uber, but we really aren’t Uber people.

Sent from my iPad using Forums