Dividing bed on Riviera

carefree lady

yes unless you are in an OS then I do not think those can be separated

True, but in the OVO Suites, i.e. those above penthouse, they will swap out the big bed for two twins, as required.

I know because we once sailed in an Oceania Suite after Jacques Pepin and his daughter occupied it, and they had the twin beds.

True, but in the OVO Suites, i.e. those above penthouse, they will swap out the big bed for two twins, as required.

I know because we once sailed in an Oceania Suite after Jacques Pepin and his daughter occupied it, and they had the twin beds.

good to know

I only mentioned the OS because it was posted here before that they could not be separated

I thought you had said earlier that changing the king to 2 twins would only be for a seriously good reason- like my name is Jacques Pepin lol

When I have had an OC and an OS, this note was right at top of confirmation

King size bedding can not be converted into separate twin beds.

I thought you had said earlier that changing the king to 2 twins would only be for a seriously good reason- like my name is Jacques Pepin lol

When I have had an OC and an OS, this note was right at top of confirmation

King size bedding can not be converted into separate twin beds.

I think that what we can glean from this exchange is that while it is possible to change the beds in the big Suites, it is also such an onerous task that the Line does not offer that change as a typical service.

On my -just after Jacques- Cruise, I can remember the Hotel Manager mentioning how difficult it was to find a place to store the King Mattresses while the twin beds were in place.

It took four burly men half an hour to switch back to the King again, so it really isn't anything to be taken lightly.

Owners Suite is one large king size wooden bed. With one KS mattress. No way could anything else be substituted without storing the bed somewhere and since it is one of those "sleigh" beds that would be more than hard.

(It is also extremely uncomfortable. Mattress is OK but whenever the engines are running on top power which happened to us for a medical emergency or when docking or sailing and the thrusters are used it shakes like a jelly. I like those beds that will give you a massage - but on MY terms!! Bed we had in the Vista suite didn't have the problem. And I mentioned it to the butler there and he agreed with me...)

Owners Suite is one large king size wooden bed. With one KS mattress. No way could anything else be substituted without storing the bed somewhere and since it is one of those "sleigh" beds that would be more than hard.

(It is also extremely uncomfortable. Mattress is OK but whenever the engines are running on top power which happened to us for a medical emergency or when docking or sailing and the thrusters are used it shakes like a jelly. I like those beds that will give you a massage - but on MY terms!! Bed we had in the Vista suite didn't have the problem. And I mentioned it to the butler there and he agreed with me...)

I thought it was just me:) I had an owners suite in February and thought the bed was not nearly as nice as the ones in the PH or Oceania suites.

Another thing that surprised me was the furniture on the balconies. Tons of different pieces of furniture and

not a single lounger that reclined.