Concierge Cabin

RCCruisin

Hi RC

We just returned from Summit in CC. It was really nice. We had wonderful towels, really soaked up the water, I didn't even have to use the heavy duty dryer they provided (along with the usual one). Flowers in the bathroom, on the desk, fruit every day (and if you only like specific fruit your cabin attendant will provide it)and the welcome bottle of champagne all were nice touches. The covers on the deck chairs were even nicer. Imagine our surprise when we had a double paged menu for breakfast and it came on time and hot. They even placed a linen tablecloth and flowers on the table!!! We didn't use the pillow menu but it was nice to have the choice. Priority tendering is even nicer. You get that with concierge. We were invited to some events strictly for concierge. All in all we really loved it, and our cabin steward was 100% the best we've had. He knew our names from day one and was there for whatever we needed. We also go some nice gifts from Celeb. We're booked on Summit again for the 10 day next March and have definitely booked cc. Remember, this is just my opinion.

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

4_13_3.gif........chris, chris, chris.....I do believe another cruise junkie has sprung up from the depths of Sacramento. A CC cabin? What pray tell will be next....the owners suite...he he he!......remember we are all going to go on another cruise together (that is if you don't get to uppity for us. Don't do it, you will get spoiled and never want another "regular" cabin.

You know of course I am kidding......the kids had that sky suite and just loved the extra service.

Star Princess 9/03 Alaska

Celebrity Mercury 3/04 Mexico

Next: Sapphire Princess 10/2/04

Mercury Cruise Pic's 3/13/04

http://community.webshots.com/user/catmand100

CC is worth it depending on how much extra you're actually paying. For us, on Constellation in November it was only $60 PP extra and seemed like a great value. We did it mostly for the priority embarkation and disembarkation not knowing how crowded it would be. Turns out it was a breeze anyway out of Puerto Rico. We never were invited to any special CC events. What are those?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;8;15;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

The World Ship - Europe July 2004

Concierge class is the same 1A, 2A, 3A style cabin with some extras: higher quality verandah furniture, towels, and robes, fresh flowers (stateroom and bathroom), pre-dinner delivered canapes, daily fruit bowl, complimentary champagne bottle, a more extensive room service menu, umbrella and binoculars, a different duvet, choice of pillows, and a different and larger set of bathroom toiletries.

The special Captains Club events (apart from the cocktail party) are generally for select and elite members (more than 5 or 10 cruises respectively). Concierge Class guests were invited to a Captains Club update session on a recent cruise I was on, which was not really a "special event" but more a marketing session.

Has Galaxy converted all the Category 2 veranda cabins on the Penthouse deck to Concierge Class? I read that some people have seen the conversion as early at March 19th, but Celebrity says it doesn't take effect until after April 27th.

I've never been on a cruise before so this will be our first. My hubby and I!! We are sailing on Century, June 5th, 2004, Western Caribbean. I paid extra for the CC just because I want to be pampered....it sounded worth it. And I have not regrets so far!! icon_cool.gif

You certainly picked the right ship for your first cruise. And a CC to boot! You will be as pampered as you want. Enjoy your cruise and be sure to sign up for the Captain's Club while on board. It will provide perks for future sailings. Enjoy your cruise.

I already signed up for the Captain's Club, was kind of disappointed that it wouldn't do anything for this cruise but o'well. icon_rolleyes.gif It will just get me to make sure we take at least 1 or more cruises a year now!! icon_wink.gif

Thanks Albertiger,

What cabin did you have - how was it? Do you know if the Conciege Class services have been fully implemented? We're taking the April 26th cruise on Galaxy and were hoping that our cabin converted to CC even though it was class 2 when we booked our cruise a year ago.

It seems that Mercury is lagging behind their other ships in starting CC. CC class will not begin on the Mercury until May, even though their 2004 travel brochure shows CC on Penthouse deck.

Oh I am so confused!! Please help. On select Celebrity ships that have now added the Concierge class it looks to me as if these cabins used to have balconies and now they don't. I don't get it!!!

Chris

Having just returned from a CC room on the Constellation, I want to point out one distinction that I have not seen on these boards. If one looks at the Deck Plans for the Constellation and Summit, the outside staterooms on decks 6, 7, 8, and 9 are indented, unlike on the Galaxy where they are flush with deck 10. This is achieved by having an overhang on deck 10 that is about 30-35 feet wide. Thus, from the stateroom on deck 9 one has an obstructed view by looking up! This is a negative at night if one wants to look at the sky but can be a thought of as a positive during the day as it acts as a visor in shielding out the sun.

There is a link on next page under Milenium Aft Balcony Cabins which shows photos of Celebrity Cabins. Check photo for Cabin 9043 which is a Concierge Class on Port side. This particular cabin is slightly larger than most which are quite small. Note overhang above which completly blocks out sun. Feels like you are in a cave. Go for CC aft balcony if you can get one. If not, go for aft balcony on lower deck.

I disagree about 9043. We just returned from that cabin on Summit and we had a wonderful time, the cabin was not "cavelike" at all! It' light and airy. The only difference is the sun doesn't blast down on you and if it rains you can sit out. It's, of course, all a matter of what you want but don't rule out 9043.

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

That is exactly the photo I was referring to. I do not call that light and airy, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The aft balcony cabins have the best of both worlds. First of all they are huge. About 3/4 of the balcony is covered and the remainder uncovered for sunning. We spend a lot of time on our balcony. We have no interest in the pool scene with the chair savers and the caribbean band drowning out all thinking, snoozing and conversation. I like to sun and my wife sits in the shade. Can't do that in any of the side cabins. Deck 10 extends so far out, I am not sure if you would get any sun in balcony cabins on decks 7 or 8 either. Does anyone have any experience with these cabins.

OOps sorry! anyway, we booked CC for Eastern Europe/ Mediterranean August 1st. We are now sorry about not booking aft. I have read pros and cons about CC. Any feedback would be wonderful... Is there anyone out there traveling to Europe on the Aug cruise? Or anyone who has before...

• 4 months later...

Did the Infinity last October, 2003 with a CC cabin.

This was one of the first cruises so we were automatically upgraded to CC from a 2A.

It was nice - flowers every so many days. I have always had fruit available in my cabin. Just asked the cabin stewart and he/she made sure there was something available. Towels were good. Never saw a pillow menu and no one had any idea what we were talking about.

Balcony furniture was covered with nice padding.

All in all I would decide based on the difference in price.

WE also had a cabin directly under the pool. It was not as noisy as everyone said it would be. Of course, my time on the balcony was usually in the evening so I could listen to the water and watch the stars go by

I am so confused :confused: We are on the Summit in cabin 7183 on the Vista Deck. Can anyone tell me if this is one of those cabins that Parody is talking about? Are we going to be able to look up and see the stars or just metal? 4_12_3.gif

You will have no problems seeing the stars. On deck 7 you won't even notice the overhang. There is no problem seeing the stars on deck 9 either, you just have to look out a little instead of straight up.

I am so confused We are on the Summit in cabin 7183 on the Vista Deck. Can anyone tell me if this is one of those cabins that Parody is talking about? Are we going to be able to look up and see the
By the time you sail next year, the Summit will have been changed over to the new configuration. Your cabin #7183, Vista deck, will be a CC cabin. Of course, if X doesn't straighten up, who knows? The change over schedule has been modified several times :eek:

As MABELL said, you will be three decks below overhang and not affected. We were onthe Summit last year, on deck above Vista, even there, there was no affect. :)

Archived