What ever happened to 50% off second passenger

2tixParadise

So, we had our first cruise on Reflection in a C3 cabin in Feb 2017. We had it booked for months beforehand. When there came a promo for 50% off the second passenger I was able to rebook and get about 1000 dollars off because there were still C3’s available.

Ever since that first cruise, I have watched Celebrity site regularly, and never see that promo anymore. All I see is 50% off 3rd and 4th guests.

I guess we can speculate they did away with it, or want to appear more of a luxury brand.

But, do any of you know any more about this, or why? Royal is having that promo right now, why not Celebrity?

So, we had our first cruise on Reflection in a C3 cabin in Feb 2017. We had it booked for months beforehand. When there came a promo for 50% off the second passenger I was able to rebook and get about 1000 dollars off because there were still C3’s available.

Ever since that first cruise, I have watched Celebrity site regularly, and never see that promo anymore. All I see is 50% off 3rd and 4th guests.

I guess we can speculate they did away with it, or want to appear more of a luxury brand.

But, do any of you know any more about this, or why? Royal is having that promo right now, why not Celebrity?

Trust me. There is no sale or % off a passenger price. They will markup the cruise price to compensate for the percentage shortfall. Royal just inflated their prices too. They want you to think your getting a discount. And, it works.:rolleyes:

Example.

Cruise price before advertise sale is let's just say $999/pp x 2 = $1998

Cruise price the day they offer the 50% off has increased to 1300/pp x 2 = $2600 - $650 discount = $1950.

It varies give or take but you see you end up paying the same price pretty much. They are not going to give the cabin away.

Cruise prices do fall but it's not because of a sale usually. It's the good ole supply and demand. When a particular sailing isn't selling to what they'd hoped, they will lower the price.

They run the business as they like, promotions are for a limited time and they will try to maximize profits. What has turned out to me is to buy a lot of anticipation, from my reservations I have seen some increase in price and others go down, of course those that go down ask for an upgrade or adjustment in the rate.

Trust me. There is no sale or % off a passenger price. They will markup the cruise price to compensate for the percentage shortfall. Royal just inflated their prices too. They want you to think your getting a discount. And, it works.:rolleyes:

Example.

Cruise price before advertise sale is let's just say $999/pp x 2 = $1998

Cruise price the day they offer the 50% off has increased to 1300/pp x 2 = $2600 - $650 discount = $1950.

It varies give or take but you see you end up paying the same price pretty much. They are not going to give the cabin away.

Cruise prices do fall but it's not because of a sale usually. It's the good ole supply and demand. When a particular sailing isn't selling to what they'd hoped, they will lower the price.

Years ago they even had a deal where second passenger was free but I agree totally, its just a marketing scheme. Price of what you pay for usually equals out.

Just so others know, right now they have the deal where the 3rd and 4ths in the room are half off, that's a decent deal.

Not sure where you are located and it always seems to me reading these thread there are different promotions either side of the 'pond' but in the UK 50% off for the second passenger was available just a few days ago as made a reservation for October.

Not sure where you are located and it always seems to me reading these thread there are different promotions either side of the 'pond' but in the UK 50% off for the second passenger was available just a few days ago as made a reservation for October.

Celebrity pricing for the UK dramatically changed on the 16th March this year. The following day prices were over £800 per cabin increased across the board. I have a B2B cruise booked aboard the Silhouette in November/December of this year and the combined cruise cost £3750 which was booked 6 months ago. Now their prices for the same cruises/cabin is £5507 - that is a 46% increase. It is down to the customer to say enough is enough and book elsewhere, we are off to try Egypt early next year. Its bye bye Celebrity, you have forced me to try something different.