Flights to San Juan. Heads up!

JustAGirl79

Just here to report we've been informed of major changes for our January 2018 flights to and from San Juan, on United. Instead of Calgary to Houston to San Juan, United changed us to Calgary to San Francisco to Washington Dulles to San Juan. 12 hour trip became 24 hours. The rebooked flights they put us on for the return flight were through Houston but they overlapped by an hour and a half!

We called United right away and the United lady was super helpful when we called to discuss and she rebooked us on other options, but now we have a night in Houston on our way down and a night in Chicago on our way back. The only thing I can think of is United is consolidating flights and no longer flying the red eye we were supposed to be on from Houston to San Juan.

Check your flight schedules everyone!

The airlines are definitely consolidating flights — We are flying Delta in Feb/Mar 2018. normally they have 3 non stops from from JFK New York to SJU San Juan and they now only have 2 non stop flights

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am flying southwest from BDL Hartford on Jan 10 for the Jan 13 Celebrity Summit cruise. On Friday 10/20/2017 all 4 flights from BDL arrived on time at SJU. Same schedule as January

we're on southwest for our December cruise on adventure and I've been tracking their flights going out for the past few weeks and thankfully don't see any impact on their schedule. Appears all flights going out of bwi for us are all leaving and getting in on time

I am flying southwest from BDL Hartford on Jan 10 for the Jan 13 Celebrity Summit cruise. On Friday 10/20/2017 all 4 flights from BDL arrived on time at SJU. Same schedule as January

We're on the same cruise, but unfortunately, leaving out of (Western) Canada makes the flight routes much less direct. Our original flight landing in SJU was supposed to be a red eye, arriving at 6:10 a.m. - and almost every seat was still available when I last checked, so United isn't operating it anymore, at least not in January.

We normally fly Southwest, but there were few flights for our Dec 2 cruise on Summit out of San Juan. I decided to go though Choice Air.The flights were set several months ago. I went to check for seat assignments 2 days ago to find the return had been changed. (I was not notified.) Our departure out of SJU was changed to 9:50 am, too early. I reported this to Choice Air, and the problem is still being worked on. The latest on-line at American Airlines has us leaving SJU for Dallas, arriving DFW at 7:44 pm, and our connection to ABQ leaving DFW at 2:58 pm, obviously not correct.

Celebrity says that they are still working with American to resolve this. They say the airlines are changing their flights daily as they try to make changes due to the terrible hurricane.

we're on southwest for our December cruise on adventure and I've been tracking their flights going out for the past few weeks and thankfully don't see any impact on their schedule. Appears all flights going out of bwi for us are all leaving and getting in on time

Curious about whether you are staying in SJU or going in that morning. We are on a SWA flight out of BWI for our January cruise and am considering flying into FLL and then going to SJU the day of the cruise. Too stressful worrying about the flights and hotels.

I'll add my story to these tales of woe. On Sunday American changed my flight from San Juan on 11/11. I'm now scheduled to leave late on 11/12 and have to finish the flight home from Miami on 11/13. That means I have to spend a night in SJ and a night in Miami. I called AA and basically they said, "There's nothing better we can do, sorry." I'm :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: about this, but I don't see much that can be done yet. There's almost nothing available from anyone going out of San Juan to anywhere on 11/11, and what is available is very pricey. This situation will resolve itself somehow, but it's going to give me some gray hairs in doing so.

I'll add my story to these tales of woe. On Sunday American changed my flight from San Juan on 11/11. I'm now scheduled to leave late on 11/12 and have to finish the flight home from Miami on 11/13. That means I have to spend a night in SJ and a night in Miami. I called AA and basically they said, "There's nothing better we can do, sorry." I'm :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: about this, but I don't see much that can be done yet. There's almost nothing available from anyone going out of San Juan to anywhere on 11/11, and what is available is very pricey. This situation will resolve itself somehow, but it's going to give me some gray hairs in doing so.

UPDATE: I got on the horn with American and was able to get a flight to Philadelphia on 11/11, with a continuation to my home city on the 12th. Not great, but probably the best of some really bad options. Let's hope this sticks.

Same problem with JetBlue,had so many changes cannot remember ! Anyway noticed yesterday Morning they changed our flight to the day after the cruise leaves :( Called she rebooked us on a flight going through FLL.

Get home from work last night and notice we land at 11:36 AM pick up connection at 12:15PM! Yeah that is not going to happen! Call back I am now booked through MCO with a two hour delay. Hope this sticks. Four hotels cancelled on us so now going in the day of! We never ever do that! Checking flights daily now and then some!

So stressful!

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598