When will more cabins be made available?

Tiggipaws

Hello

Looking at the 17 night circle of Hawaii on the Oosterdam for October 2019. There doesn't seem to be many cabin options to choose from. Any idea when more cabins will be available?

Thanks

HAL's website will only show a certain number of available cabins, however, many more are usually open for booking. I would look at the deckplan, find the cabins you are interested in and give HAL a call. I've had to do this a few times to get the cabin I want. There are other cruise sites that show a better reflection of inventory, but Cruise Critic rules do not allow us to share these. Sorry if I wasn't very helpful.

HAL's website will only show a certain number of available cabins, however, many more are usually open for booking. I would look at the deckplan, find the cabins you are interested in and give HAL a call. I've had to do this a few times to get the cabin I want. There are other cruise sites that show a better reflection of inventory, but Cruise Critic rules do not allow us to share these. Sorry if I wasn't very helpful.

Great tip. I always though the HAL inventory shown on the site was current. But, when I booked my cruise on Thursday, many more rooms were available. I took the suggestions from CC and started rattling off room numbers. Our PCC finally found one that was available.

I wish the website showed all inventory, but I guess that’s how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The HAL website has an option where you can search for the cabin number you want and it will tell you if it is available. Sometimes it takes a bit of patience to find a cabin that works for you, but it can be done.

Do TAs have access to the complete inventory?

Roz

Our TA has to call HAL to verify that the cabin that I am requesting is indeed available. Then she books it for us. We prefer dealing with her rather than the Big Box Store.

A similar change percolated through the airline reservations system some years back. Load levels are very proprietary and technology is getting so advanced that restricting done information that was previously publicly available sometimes becomes more profitable than having that information unrestricted.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

A similar change percolated through the airline reservations system some years back. Load levels are very proprietary and technology is getting so advanced that restricting done information that was previously publicly available sometimes becomes more profitable than having that information unrestricted.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

Have you ever noticed that the same few seats are "taken" on almost every flight you search, even when the flights have been open for booking a short time? They probably do it to make it look like people are starting to book and make you think you'd better think about buying your ticket soon. I think that's why HAL never shows more than 10 cabins. It makes the product look desirable.

The HAL website has an option where you can search for the cabin number you want and it will tell you if it is available. Sometimes it takes a bit of patience to find a cabin that works for you, but it can be done.

Does the new website still have that?