Cozumel on a Budget - Nice Beach for Less?

tgilmour

Hi, I am doing excursions in Nassau & Roatan and all this is adding up pretty quickly when you have a group of kids. Is there a nice beach in Cozumel that is easy to get to that won't cost me $55.00 pp (x 6)?

If you were not travelling with kids, or if they were older and more interested in snorkeling than sand/pools, you could try The Money Bar. No admission fee, closer to the port (cab should be cheaper by $5+ each way), good facilities, no pool or beach, but there is a sandy area for sunning/relaxing, and you enter clear water via steps for good snorkeling from the shore. :cool:

Great sunsets and extended happy hours! :D

Kids loved both Paradise and Money Beach Bar. We used the water toys and didn't get charged anything other than the food and drink we purchased twice in one week. We mentioned we would stay all day and buy food and drink and they waived the fees. However, this may not always be the case. Regardless, it will only be $18pp if they do charge you. The water toys, awesome pool and beach/pier you can snorkel around make it worth that easily. Have fun!

Given all the sea grass around right now Paradise Beach would be my choice. The pool is huge and there’s plenty of room for fun besides the beach. If they get the grass cleaned up and the water isn’t full of it then that’s just a bonus. But then, even without a grass problem, PB is our first choice.

Given all the sea grass around right now Paradise Beach would be my choice. The pool is huge and there’s plenty of room for fun besides the beach. If they get the grass cleaned up and the water isn’t full of it then that’s just a bonus. But then, even without a grass problem, PB is our first choice.

It is seaweed not seagrass that is currently the problem. It doesn’t generally affect the west coast beaches as badly but there is a report here for Paradise Beach

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56687022&postcount=5