Eurodam - Mexican Riviera - Cabo San Lucas Snorkeling

showgirl85

We are booked on the Eurodam in October on a Mexican Riviera cruise. Planning to snorkel in Cabo and unsure which tour is better.

Chileno Bay Sail & Snorkel or the Snorkel & Sail to Santa Maria Cove?

My main concern is having calm waters. We had VERY rough water in Aruba last year and I am now a bit concerned about snorkeling in choppy water. Any help appreciated.

We are booked on the Eurodam in October on a Mexican Riviera cruise. Planning to snorkel in Cabo and unsure which tour is better.

My main concern is having calm waters. We had VERY rough water in Aruba last year and I am now a bit concerned about snorkeling in choppy water. Any help appreciated.

I did a snorkel excursion out of Cabo a few years ago....on the NCL Star... There was always a current for us....a workout.....water much cooler than the Gulf/Caribbean. It WAS calm though...was in an inlet. Personally I didn't like it as much as snorkeling in the Caribbean....

As discussed frequently on the Mexican Rivera board, snorkeling on the Pacific side is not all that good. I will say Cabo is possibly the best on the Pacific side, but it is far from Caribbean or Hawaiian quality. We don't even consider snorkeling on the Pacific side any more.

We did the Santa Maria Cove snorkel, there were some waves & the water was not as warm as in the Caribbean but not uncomfortable. We did see a whale with a calf on the way to the site, very close. Either one you'll enjoy.

Allan

We did the Chileno Bay Sail & Snorkel excursion in Cabo last April, from the Zaandam. We try to avoid HAL excursions but this was a tender port with a 2 pm departure...

They took us around to an inlet south of Cabo. As others have mentioned, the snorkelling was not as good as some of the places we've been to in the Caribbean, mainly (IMO) because the water was not as clear. But there was a decent variety and number of fish. The water was not rough, and I can remember this because my wife stayed in the water snorkelling for the whole time; she doesn't like snorkelling in rough water either, and we've been on a few snorkel outings where she's decided to turn back to the boat due to waves.

Overall it was a good excursion; they took us around to see the Arches before it got too crowded with tour boats, the crew was friendly, and we also had a whale and calf swim past very close to the boat.

We did a private sailing and snorkeling Charter that took us to Santa Maria Cove too and the snorkeling was really nice, again, not as incredible as we've seen in the Caribbean. https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/cabo-private-sailing-charters/ was wonderful. Sailing along the coastline, seeing the arches in addition to snorkeling was amazing. The water wasn't as warm as it was it was in the caribbean but felt really refreshing after spending time in the sun

• 4 weeks later...