Lodging for 10 one night pre cruise

w8ing2cruz

Our group of 10 women are flying into FLL and sailing out of Miami. Last girls cruise we stayed at Intercontinental and had a blast at Bayside. Rooms have gone up in 8 years and I was hoping to find a more economical solution.

Thinking outside the box - maybe stay two nights and look for a house to rent? Seems like a bit of work. What about a place half way between FLL and the port. Are rates more reasonable? We will be using a service like SAS or QLS to get around.

Any ideas for our group?

I've found bargains, relatively speaking, at hotels away from the port/beach. Just plug your dates into one of the major travel websites to see what's being offered. We like to rent a car, though, since we're flying into FLL and sailing out of Port Everglades. We've never flown into FLL for a cruise out of Miami. In December, we stayed at the Sawgrass Grand Hotel in Plantation. We chose that one for it's convenience to the BB&T Center for a hockey game we were going to the night before our cruise.

When do you cruise? Budget? :confused:

Besides the IC in downtown Miami I would check out the Hyatt, Doubletree and next door Marriott, plus hotels in the Mary Brickell area (Hampton Inn, etc.) with lots of local dining and nightlife.

Your other option is to stay in the FLL area - where comparable hotels are usually cheaper - and make your way to POM the morning of your cruise. www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info.

If you tell us when you cruise and the ideal budget it would be much easier to suggest places. There are some newer hotels here in the Brickell/downtown area that can fit the bill because they aren't as well known for the area.

Thanks for all the fantastic ideas! We are sailing October 21st this year. I did take a look at the Brickell area. We will have a couple of newbies on this cruise and one of the greatest 'firsts' is to wake up on embarkation day and see your ship in port.

We were spoiled 8 years ago for our group or 8 and scored 4 rooms at IC for $100 each so only $50 per person. Rates are double now.

Other hotels offering a view of the port from some rooms include the Holiday Inn, Doubletree and the next door Marriott Biscayne

While the view is nice, the dining and nightlife in the Brickell area would probably be more of an attraction - the newbies will get excited when they see the ship from the cab window. ;)

We always use AirBnB or VRBO when traveling and have had great luck. Last year we had a nice apartment in SoBe in a perfect location. Definitely check those 2 places out. You can find you a house or apartment to book. The only trouble I think you'd have with those, is the short amount of time you're looking at staying. I think most host require 4 nights but you can definitely check them out.

Thanks for all the fantastic ideas! We are sailing October 21st this year. I did take a look at the Brickell area. We will have a couple of newbies on this cruise and one of the greatest 'firsts' is to wake up on embarkation day and see your ship in port.

We were spoiled 8 years ago for our group or 8 and scored 4 rooms at IC for $100 each so only $50 per person. Rates are double now.

As you get closer, rates will definitely fall. Did you look at the Hampton Inn Brickell? October is our off season.

We always use AirBnB or VRBO when traveling and have had great luck. Last year we had a nice apartment in SoBe in a perfect location. Definitely check those 2 places out. You can find you a house or apartment to book. The only trouble I think you'd have with those, is the short amount of time you're looking at staying. I think most host require 4 nights but you can definitely check them out.

Miami is not a place where I'd recommend AirBnB, too many people get scammed. That's exactly it, you were lucky.