Vista self disembarking, we need to notify someone if that is our plan?

Produce123

we are on Vista soon and wish to do self disembarkation. Do we need to notify someone the night before and show some type of documents to prove we need to get off early or is there just a call over the loudspeakers and we can leave? Thanks.

They will announce self-disembark by floor. When they call your floor, you are free to go. No signing up or anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

we are on Vista soon and wish to do self disembarkation. Do we need to notify someone the night before and show some type of documents to prove we need to get off early or is there just a call over the loudspeakers and we can leave? Thanks.

They will give you a sheet on where to meet.

Is this a new procedure? I have not seen self disembarkation done this way.

In recent years, everyone is not self disembarking because of the fear of someone stealing their dirty underwear, so instead of being reserved for those that need to get off the ship to make flights, it has become a mad house of people who could barely handle their luggage, trying to get down the stairs and falling all over the place.

I always get a blue sheet of paper in my cabin the day before debarkation along with numbered luggage tags and a customs form to fill out. The blue paper has information on it about debarkation procedures and also information about the buffet breakfast times debarkation morning. Carnival also asks that you vacate your cabin and wait in common areas such as on Lido or Promenade deck debarkation morning so the cabin stewards can begin cleaning cabins for the next sailing. After officials clear the ship, debarkation will begin and announcements will be made on the PA system. I've encountered times when non-U.S. citizens fail to report to a certain area on the ship debarkation morning as Carnival has instructed them to so they can meet with immigration officials. If that happens, it can delay debarkation until those people comply because they won't clear the ship for debarkation until all of that is taken care of.

If you have an early flight and feel that you need to get off the ship earlier, you can go to Guest Services the day before debarkation day and show them your flight documents and they will likely give you an earlier self debarkation time.

In recent years, everyone is not self disembarking because of the fear of someone stealing their dirty underwear, so instead of being reserved for those that need to get off the ship to make flights, it has become a mad house of people who could barely handle their luggage, trying to get down the stairs and falling all over the place.

Which is all fine and well, but doesn't address my question of whether or not this is a new policy. I'm trying to make the point that riclop is wrong, unless things have changed since I last sailed. The only people with an assigned meeting place and time are passengers with priority disembarkation. Self-disembarkation is done by deck number. It has never been, to my knowledge, reserved only for those that need it. I suspect that the cruise staff loves it, as it means that less luggage has to be handled and the ship may even clear out quicker than it used to before this procedure was implemented. (I myself have never participated, and have no plans to do so in the future unless absolutely necessary.)