Comment Card Surveys

tx121

Wow you are really missing the point here. And you probably missed in my original post where I DID go to the NCL website and emailed them and asked about the surveys. They replied and said it is given out at random.There is nothing else to say to you to try to see my point. Instead of trying to defend every little critique someone has to say about NCL, read everything someone posts entirely to get their point.

Agree with you, OP. Sending the survey to everyone is just good customer service. We get it every time, both of us, from HAL. With RCCL, DH submitted one with a safety concern and had a call from their corporate office within an hour (not requested but it meant someone actually read the survey immediately).

Not sending it to everyone means they don't want to hear from everyone, good or bad.

. ...

However...if and when it does need to be said, perhaps care should be taken to make that point more clear. In this case, I did not get that you had an issue with the word "provide"...not at all. Now, if you had opened your reply with "I take issue with your use of 'provide' in this context . . ." then I would have gotten your point.

I didn't have an issue with your use of the word provide. It was that since the OP said he hadn't been emailed anything I thought you were saying NCL emails that information. A simple misunderstanding.

We have also always received a post cruise survey. In addition, it typically comes with a final offer to purchase a cruise next credit with OBC for the next cruise at the same price as if we did it onboard.

I would also add that the surveys are "anonymous". If you had a true problem I would reach out to NCL directly through the means that others have pointed out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

It's great that you received a final offer for full OBC, the final offer I got was for $75 OBC. I didn't purchase it.

We have also always received a post cruise survey. In addition, it typically comes with a final offer to purchase a cruise next credit with OBC for the next cruise at the same price as if we did it onboard.

I would also add that the surveys are "anonymous". If you had a true problem I would reach out to NCL directly through the means that others have pointed out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

That isn't anything special because of the survey. It is called a "welcome back reward" and anyone can call NCL and purchase one within 45 days after returning from a cruise. Same cost as a CruiseNext, except you get OBC on the cruise you book instead.

One more opinion on surveys. There are way to many of them out there. Everytime you buy a coffee or a nail "please take the brief survey". My feelings are if I have something to say I would rather do it face to the face not wait a couple of days later. I would also like to see all surveys shortened to "where you satisfied". If they really cared they would find out why.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lol! Those single question surveys, asked on the screen during check out are my favorite. One of the grocery/department stores in my area do this. The single question varies: "Was the store clean during your visit?", "Were you satisfied with your visit?", "Did you find everything you were looking for today?". Sometimes the question flashes on and off screen so fast I don't have a chance to answer it :D.

I hear you about getting the spiel about store and restaurant surveys! It adds to wasted breath and time on the associate's and my part, and wastes the time of the people standing in line behind me, along with wasted paper and ink if the associate has to circle the information. I have yet to get on the computer and submit one because it came up on the receipt or because they give a discount, free offer, or win something. If I have received exceptional service or horrendous service, I will write and won't need prompting to do so.

DH and I are 95% convinced that we are somehow, ALWAYS, "randomly" both selected by NCL to get those digital or online post-cruise eSurveys ... hasn't failed once over the past 5 or 6 cruises in recent years.

Not necessary a true scientific samples from my good old college course days on statistics 101 - compared to the averages for our friends & other extended family members that sail on NCL.

We had a minor customer relations issue onboard the Gem earlier this Spring, and didn't wait for the post-cruise survey, left a detailed comment / notes via the HD's dropbox in Guest Services lobby ... and, acknowledged with apology in less than 24 hours.

There used to more space (characters) allowed in the eSurvey for open-ended comments toward the end of the survey ... my guess, not really interested in off-topic response & general feedback against their focused data collection.

Filled out 1 of 2 surveys we got quickly & purposely hold off the 2nd. survey (same sailing) & got 3 reminders to complete them - make a short note about the CS issue we resolved while onboard & never heard from corporate as a follow-up to the survey (case "closed" already, me think.)

Of course, it's easy to use the survey findings & data to "align" with their use, for desired & preferred outcome ... it's not exactly a Nielsen survey, afterall.