Comment Card Surveys

tx121

After taking cruises on several lines, there usually is a comment or a survey emailed to us usually within a day or two. After sailing my last 3 cruises on NCL, we haven't received any emails and was wondering why.We emailed the NCL customer service and we were told that the surveys are now given out at random. That I feel does not make sense as there are people who do have concerns and want to put their input about their cruise , good or bad.

It also seems like NCL is just looking for good feedback as they have those cards you can drop off at guest services expressing which crew member went above expectations.

I know you can go to guest service if you have issues with any crew member or service, but shouldn't the head office know what is going on as well? I feel like the senior management can just sweep it under the rug and pretend all is well.

The service I feel in the last 3 years has gone down. I'm just wondering is it because the crew members know they are getting the tips or maybe they are understaffed and the head office doesn't want to hear the truth?

I have my 4th straight cruise on NCL coming up in January on the Escape. Hopefully the service improves.

Not sure I understand the point of your post. It been mathematically proven that an accurate survey can be obtained from a small sample. There is simply no need, or benefit, to surveying an entire population.

Outside of the survey process, NCL provides a mailing address for you to contact corporate guest relations after the cruise. NCL provides an email address for you to contact corporate guest relations after the cruise. NCL provides a toll-free phone number for you to contact corporate guest relations after the cruise. Finally, NCL provides an online feedback form (comment card, if you will) for you to use to provide any comments to corporate guest relations after the cruise.

I'm not sure what else they could do.

Not sure I understand the point of your post. It been mathematically proven that an accurate survey can be obtained from a small sample. There is simply no need, or benefit, to surveying an entire population.

Outside of the survey process, NCL provides a mailing address for you to contact corporate guest relations after the cruise. NCL provides an email address for you to contact corporate guest relations after the cruise. NCL provides a toll-free phone number for you to contact corporate guest relations after the cruise. Finally, NCL provides an online feedback form (comment card, if you will) for you to use to provide any comments to corporate guest relations after the cruise.

1) I have never been provided a mailing address nor an email address for corporate after a cruise.

2). Like the OP, after my last four cruises I have not received an online feedback form.

To send comments to corporate, though, it is possible to find an email address for corporate by asking for one on CC.

We have done 3 NCL cruises this year with our 4th and final one for 2017 coming up in November. I have received an email with survey for each of them.

Overall we have been very happy with the service - and had an outstanding cabin Steward in January and exceptional dining experiences in both Cagney's and Ocean Blue on our September BA Bermuda trip. Hopefully you will find the service experience your looking for on this next trip - enjoy !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not once was I provided with any type of information you were referring to. And My point was that NCL has not provided a online feedback form after I returned from my last 3 cruises.

1) I have never been provided a mailing address nor an email address for corporate after a cruise.

2). Like the OP, after my last four cruises I have not received an online feedback form.

To send comments to corporate, though, it is possible to find an email address for corporate by asking for one on CC.

Well, it is kind of short-sighted to think someone is simply going to hand you details of various contact methods after each cruise.

ALL of the methods (all 4 of them) to contact NCL corporate that I listed in my post are always available to everyone by simply visiting the CONTACT US section of NCL's website. No need to visit or ask on CC or any other cruise forum.

Not once was I provided with any type of information you were referring to. And My point was that NCL has not provided a online feedback form after I returned from my last 3 cruises.
Sorry, but I don't see how NCL has the obligation to spoon-fed information to you. It is published and available on their website. Sheesh....just go look it up. It isn't like a CONTACT US web page is a unique idea to NCL.

Sorry, but I don't see how NCL has the obligation to spoon-fed information to you. It is published and available on their website. Sheesh....just go look it up. It isn't like a CONTACT US web page is a unique idea to NCL.

Wow you are really missing the point here. And you probably missed in my original post where I DID go to the NCL website and emailed them and asked about the surveys. They replied and said it is given out at random.There is nothing else to say to you to try to see my point. Instead of trying to defend every little critique someone has to say about NCL, read everything someone posts entirely to get their point.

Wow you are really missing the point here. And you probably missed in my original post where I DID go to the NCL website and emailed them and asked about the surveys. They replied and said it is given out at random.There is nothing else to say to you to try to see my point. Instead of trying to defend every little critique someone has to say about NCL, read everything someone posts entirely to get their point.
Not really, the point is that you didn't get a comment card and you wanted to know why. You asked NCL and they told you why. You then stated that this made no sense to you because people who weren't selected might have things...good or bad...that they wished to share.

My point was that there are multiple means of contact for those who don't get a survey, yet still want to share....so everyone is covered.

I get one after every cruise. I am curious if you book directly or through a TA. IF through a TA, that might be an explanation.

After taking cruises on several lines, there usually is a comment or a survey emailed to us usually within a day or two. After sailing my last 3 cruises on NCL, we haven't received any emails and was wondering why.We emailed the NCL customer service and we were told that the surveys are now given out at random. That I feel does not make sense as there are people who do have concerns and want to put their input about their cruise , good or bad.

It also seems like NCL is just looking for good feedback as they have those cards you can drop off at guest services expressing which crew member went above expectations.

I know you can go to guest service if you have issues with any crew member or service, but shouldn't the head office know what is going on as well? I feel like the senior management can just sweep it under the rug and pretend all is well.

The service I feel in the last 3 years has gone down. I'm just wondering is it because the crew members know they are getting the tips or maybe they are understaffed and the head office doesn't want to hear the truth?

I have my 4th straight cruise on NCL coming up in January on the Escape. Hopefully the service improves.

We have done 4 NCL cruises this year and got an email survey for each one.

There are Hero cards to recognize good employees.

There are “Ask xxx” slips where xxx is the hotel director at guest services on every ship for compliments and complaints. I have always got s response from the hotel director (or ghost writers) for any complaints.

I have gotten one after all of my cruises. The last two went to my Junk folder, but they were sent, and I eventually found them. A random survey is a valid statistical method - it's not designed to skip around the bitchy people.

If you have complaints onboard, the best place to complain is onboard. It's not like corporate can do anything to remedy the problem after you get home, unless your angling for future cruise credits.

I get one after every cruise. I am curious if you book directly or through a TA. IF through a TA, that might be an explanation.

Yes all of my cruises have been booked with a online travel agency so I wonder if that has something to do with it. Thanks for pointing that out!

One more opinion on surveys. There are way to many of them out there. Everytime you buy a coffee or a nail "please take the brief survey". My feelings are if I have something to say I would rather do it face to the face not wait a couple of days later. I would also like to see all surveys shortened to "where you satisfied". If they really cared they would find out why.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have also always received a post cruise survey. In addition, it typically comes with a final offer to purchase a cruise next credit with OBC for the next cruise at the same price as if we did it onboard.

I would also add that the surveys are "anonymous". If you had a true problem I would reach out to NCL directly through the means that others have pointed out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

We did a cruise on the Jade a couple of months ago, and did (as usual) receive a link to the NCL post-cruise survey by e-mail. BUT the survey was much more "general" this time comparing to prior NCL surveys, and there were nowhere to write any extra remarks (good or bad) about particular issues that might have occurred during the cruise.

And if I had an issue on board that I felt was important to me, then I would contact the hotel director (or the department manager for the "field" I was having issues with, as on every M&G on board, a card is given out with phone numbers to each of the senior officers). If there is a problem of some sorts that occurs during my cruise, then I prefer to address it directly immediately, instead of waiting until after the cruise to complain about it. Not to guest services on board, but to one of the senior managers/officers.

Well, it is kind of short-sighted to think someone is simply going to hand you details of various contact methods after each cruise.

ALL of the methods (all 4 of them) to contact NCL corporate that I listed in my post are always available to everyone by simply visiting the CONTACT US section of NCL's website. No need to visit or ask on CC or any other cruise forum.

I was commenting on your use of the word "provide".

I wasn't thinking that having it on the website was what you meant by that. I guess it is simply semantics since to me having it on the website means simply that it is available, not provided. As I said, simply semantics.

I was commenting on your use of the word "provide".

I wasn't thinking that having it on the website was what you meant by that. I guess it is simply semantics since to me having it on the website means simply that it is available, not provided. As I said, simply semantics.

It is just my opinion of course, but if an entire argument is based on semantics, perhaps it is better left unsaid.

However...if and when it does need to be said, perhaps care should be taken to make that point more clear. In this case, I did not get that you had an issue with the word "provide"...not at all. Now, if you had opened your reply with "I take issue with your use of 'provide' in this context . . ." then I would have gotten your point.

In any case, a simple Google search for "provide" reveals the first definition to be "make available for use". IMHO, by publishing the information on their website where everyone can see it, certainly seems like they are making it available for use. Additionally, I didn't mention it before, but any TA or PCC worth their salt should be able to provide this information for their clients. If a person wasn't aware of CONTACT US on the website, they could simply ask their TA or PCC for the information.

When I updated my iconcierge phone app last week I noticed that there is a "survey" button at the bottom of the Onboard Experience section. I'm not sure if this is new, or I've just never noticed it before. Since I'm not on a ship again until December I haven't seen what comes up when you select that.

As a former crew member who worked on Royal Caribbean, I can tell you that the surveys did matter for certain departments and also determined bonuses for senior management.

As someone stated before, not everyone will fill out the surveys but it would give the headquarters enough for an overall assessment.

The areas that would be looked at from the head office would be the dining room service and room stewards. These surveys actually determined how much money a crew member would make determined by their ratings from the previous cruise. If they received excellent high ratings, they would get more tables with the larger groups, meaning more money per head. If they got lower ratings, they would be punished and given the 2-4 person tables, meaning less money. Same goes for the room stewards, higher ratings equals suites and more rooms, lower ratings equal less rooms- less money.

As far as the bonuses for senior management, that would be determined by the ratings as well. However, the way they determined this was comparing ship by ship. So depending where the cruise ship stacked up against the others in the fleet, determined how much a bonus the senior management would make. Entertainment ratings for the cruise director would be compared to other cruise directors in the fleet and that would determine his or her bonus. The cleanliness ratings for facilities manager, quality of food rating for the F&B manager and so on.

Personally from my experience,I think if you have a problem during the cruise, it should be addressed immediately on board as it will be resolved. However, I also think the surveys do give you a voice because bad ratings will tell the head office that there is something wrong with the senior management of that ship if the ratings are consistently low week by week. As with any company, the way the senior management deals with their staff will trickle down to the way the staff will treat its guests.

We have always gotten the email survey and we are very fair an balanced. As for the service, sometimes we have had concerns like others. Other times it has been outstanding. If you have a true problem, I am not talking just a complaint here and there, yes, talk to guest services. You can always do a review and express your opinions. NCL reads the reviews posted here.

Then you next option is, if you have had 3 cruises with below par service change lines and see if another line has better service. BTW, all lines now use the auto gratuity program.

No, I think you are missing the point. At least I understand what you are saying, but what others are trying to explain is; you can go to "contact us" and email your complaint. Yes, they are sending random survey emails now, but yo still have options. Contacting them is one. You may not get a response but NCL will get the picture.