Conquest to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios

cruiser20145

It isn't new, but it's only run during the summer so the reviews have likely been buried. I have been on the Conquest and I have been to both ports many times (and recently) if any of you have any questions.

Hello,

Since you have been to Ocho Rios before, do you feel it as safe? My mother and I will be traveling outside of the country without my father for the first time and see slightly nervous of booking this itinerary.

We're doing this sailing in July. Be sure to post a review with pictures. I will as well when we return.

I will be hopefully doing a review after we get back. I'm not sure how to do pictures, though. By any chance, do you? I know some use photo bucket, but I don't have a clue on how to use it.

Hello,

Since you have been to Ocho Rios before, do you feel it as safe? My mother and I will be traveling outside of the country without my father for the first time and see slightly nervous of booking this itinerary.

Some people don't like Ochos Rios because they feel the locals are pushy. Go to the port of call boards and research and find a tour you would like. I think that is your best option. Or find one on the carnival site. We hired a local tour guide when we were in Jamaica and we had a great time.

And Grand Cayman is very easy to get around without a tour (unless you want to do the stingrays or something like that).

We will be on the conquest in two weeks and I hope to do a review. I am not going to these islands but you could at least see some ship pictures :)

Some people don't like Ochos Rios because they feel the locals are pushy. Go to the port of call boards and research and find a tour you would like. I think that is your best option. Or find one on the carnival site. We hired a local tour guide when we were in Jamaica and we had a great time.

And Grand Cayman is very easy to get around without a tour (unless you want to do the stingrays or something like that).

We will be on the conquest in two weeks and I hope to do a review. I am not going to these islands but you could at least see some ship pictures :)

Great! I will be on the lookout for your review! We will do a Carnival excursion in Jamaica, as some family has had horror stories of their non-Carnival excursions in Jamaica. Is there a port area around Ocho Rios for shopping for souvenirs?

I did this itinerary last year, and the Dunn’s River Falls/Bobsled excursion. The cruise was great and service was wonderful on the cruise. The only issue was on the excursion once you get to the bobsled areas they make you wait 1.5 hours to get on the bobsled, likely because there is shopping options there, and a restaurant. Locals were pushy, but I didn’t feel unsafe.

We did Snuba in Cayman, then walked around and had lunch and drinks. Loved the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello,

Yes, it is very safe. The easiest option is to get off the ship and go to Margaritaville. Many people also go to the beach that is on the left if you're looking at Ocho Rios from the ship (Margaritaville is on the right). There are also the shops right there that will have all of your usual Caribbean trinkets. Ocho Rios offers an amazing array of excursions as well, I would consider if you're worried about safety booking an excursion through the ship. Then you have peace of mind, while also seeing something very amazing. One of my favorite cruise activities was in Ocho Rios, we went River Tubing with Chukka. You should have an amazing time!!

Great! I will be on the lookout for your review! We will do a Carnival excursion in Jamaica, as some family has had horror stories of their non-Carnival excursions in Jamaica. Is there a port area around Ocho Rios for shopping for souvenirs?

Example? We never use Carnival's excursions and always feel safe. We have been to Jamaica several times and find the locals to be very friendly. There are so many well reviewed shore excursion companies.

Example? We never use Carnival's excursions and always feel safe. We have been to Jamaica several times and find the locals to be very friendly. There are so many well reviewed shore excursion companies.

I don't remember the exact company, but i know that there was just a long ride to and from the area they went to, and didn't enjoy it it much.

This is good to hear, thank you. As I always mention, we will never use Carnival excursions and always use locals. We're going with Marvyn's Paradise Tours to Bob Marley's Nine Mile, Dunns River Falls and eating lunch at Scotchies.

I don't remember the exact company, but i know that there was just a long ride to and from the area they went to, and didn't enjoy it it much.

so a long ride is a "horror story" it's 3 hours to 9 mile and you should know this before going

so a long ride is a "horror story" it's 3 hours to 9 mile and you should know this before going

I am curious about this, as I've never been. Our tour operator says it's an hour and a half to get there. Google Map is showing an hour and 10 minutes. I've also read on other places it's a little over an hour away. Is the 3 hours from experience, or.......???

round trip, it's a long ride, love Marley, but would not do it again

Oh ok, thanks. I'm a fan of Bob but was worried it would be a 6hr round trip. It's probably one of those things you have to experience but once you've seen it once....

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...