Carnival planning email "Register for youth programs before they fill up" ??

squierjosh

I got a planning email from Carnival for our cruise in January 2019. One of the links was to register for youth programs before they fill up. When I click the link, it just takes me to my Cruise Manager page, but I don't see anything about youth programs. We'll have a 6 year old and 10 year old with us. What would we need to sign up for ahead of time?

Hi,

They send out lots of e mails that don't make sense.

I have not heard of anything for children that you need to "sign up for" ahead of time. Usually the first day of the cruise there is a meeting for the youth program and you go to it and sign up then.

Your cruise is not until 2019. They don't even have all the excursions /activities listed yet for 2018 so I think you have a while before any will be listed for your cruise.

In the blue box at the left it says

"Online check in"

"Complete guest names"

"Youth Program Registration"

If you haven't done the guest names which includes birthdates, it might not flag it for youth registration.

It holds a spot. Your kids should attend the camps on the first night to meet others and to get the schedule for the week.

We'll have a 6 year old and 10 year old with us. What would we need to sign up for ahead of time?

Put differently, there is no reason not to sign up in advance as it's free and your kids are not even obligated to go. It's one less thing you have to worry about doing when you get on the ship. We just skip the kids club orientation and pickup a schedule at our leisure. If you sign up in advance, Carnival will already have your kids' information and you won't have to sign up again when you get there.