Water Bottles

Hi

Can we bring personal, refillable water bottles on board? We have some Brita filter water bottles that we would like to use because the water packages are just so expensive :eek:

Thanks!

Absolutely you can as long as you can fit it in your bag. Depending on the port sometimes we also bring coffee mugs with us to use instead of the paper ones you get on board.

To answer your question in a word: Yes. But there are two things I would like to point out; #1) You must fill your bottle from glasses of water or ice. They will not permit you to place them under any faucet, stating public health standards. #2) Water on board is "made" and better than a lot of the bottled waters available commercially.

My opinion, bag the Brita but bring the bottle.

To answer your question in a word: Yes. But there are two things I would like to point out; #1) You must fill your bottle from glasses of water or ice. They will not permit you to place them under any faucet, stating public health standards. #2) Water on board is "made" and better than a lot of the bottled waters available commercially.

Can you fill them in your cabin ?

Can you fill them in your cabin ?

your cabins bathroom will have a sink :p of course you can fill it in your cabin! there will be ice in your cabin as well as the tap water out of the sink isnt known to be very cold.

although there are some that cant stomach drinking from the bathroom tap, I have no problem with it as long as it isnt brown! :eek: and really all that is is a little rust from the line that usually clears up quickly.

Ken said it very well, there is no need for the Brita, all drinking water on board is much more purified that most bottled or Brita'd water.

Several helpful hints to avoid the fill it a cup at a time in public areas, as someone else said, you are not allowed to put the bottle up near the nozzle.

When in the dining room, ask your server to fill them from the pitchers. Mine have always accommodated this request.

When in your cabin, order a pitcher of water from room service and have it delivered to your cabin to fill your bottles.

Most bar tenders will also fill it for you anywhere they have water and ice. Some will balk, but if you ask around, you will find a bartender who will do it and you can go back to them often (and leave a little tip for the service).

Have a great cruise.

Dave

Bringing a filter/bottle is much smarter than trying to lug bottled water aboard. You'll notice the newbies tring to lug their bottled water around at the WJ on the first day.

Experienced cruisers bring a water filter and some bottles.

This is not true. There is no restriction on what you can place under the faucet in your stateroom. Obviously, to retain sterility, you don't want to touch the faucet, but they don't care what you fill with the faucet.

In reality, you will find it easier to fill the filter-pitcher with a glass, rather than trying to negotiate it under the faucet.

• 3 weeks later...
Bringing a filter/bottle is much smarter than trying to lug bottled water aboard. You'll notice the newbies tring to lug their bottled water around at the WJ on the first day.

Experienced cruisers bring a water filter and some bottles.

Now you just wait on minute, I haven't been on a cruise yet and I thought of this so "experienced cruisers and brilliant people" lol. Just funning ya, enjoy your day!:D

This is not true. There is no restriction on what you can place under the faucet in your stateroom. Obviously, to retain sterility, you don't want to touch the faucet, but they don't care what you fill with the faucet.

In reality, you will find it easier to fill the filter-pitcher with a glass, rather than trying to negotiate it under the faucet.

I believe Ken meant you can not put your water bottle up to the tip on a water machine which are usually located in the beverage stations. You must fill your bottle from a glass. That was my interpretation.

I've seen too many people do it, and it is really very inconsiderate. When they are told not to do it, it's the dumb look on their face that is priceless.

Archived