Delta International Flights from ATL

rkacruiser

If I recall correctly, Delta's international flights depart from Terminal T.

The Delta terminal map shows a Sky Club in that terminal as one would expect. But, the last time that I flew Business Class from that Terminal, I think, there was a separate Lounge for International travelers in addition to the Sky Club. I see no indication of such on Delta's terminal map. Does such exist? Or is my memory faulty? If such a separate International passenger lounge exists, where is it located?

I am booked Business Class round trip with significant layovers in both directions, so I want to be able to use the best facility that is available at ATL.

Thanks for your information and help.

If I recall correctly, Delta's international flights depart from Terminal T.

The Delta terminal map shows a Sky Club in that terminal as one would expect. But, the last time that I flew Business Class from that Terminal, I think, there was a separate Lounge for International travelers in addition to the Sky Club. I see no indication of such on Delta's terminal map. Does such exist? Or is my memory faulty? If such a separate International passenger lounge exists, where is it located?

At ATL, Delta international flights might leave from T, but more commonly they leave from E or F, and occasionally from other concourses as well.

There is a Delta Sky Club in every concourse at ATL: T, A, B, C, D, E, and F, and in fact there are 2 clubs in concourse A. There are no separate Delta lounges specifically for international travelers, just the regular Sky Clubs. As all concourses are connected airside, once through security you can visit any Sky Club at ATL, regardless of your departure concourse, if you have club access. Access is granted to business class travelers, Sky Team Elite+ members traveling on an international flight in any cabin class, Sky Club members, Platinum American Express card holders (not the Delta-branded platinum Amex, just the regular unbranded platinum Amex), and if space permits, anyone who cares to purchase a day pass.

The newest club is in B concourse, in the center near the sky train escalators. It is large and very open and airy with very high ceilings. The club in F is also larger than others, and has the additional option of outdoor seating on the "Sky Deck," weather permitting.

E and F are the most common terminals for Departures especially for the larger planes to Europe, Asia etc.. 7+ hour flights. But the flights may leave from any gate really, as there is no need to have a specific gate for international departures, just a specific need for specific gates for international arrivals.

A goodly number of years ago, DL had two lounges in the E concourse - one was a Crown Room Club (SkyClub predecessor) and the other was a lounge solely for business class passengers. But that's been at least a decade back. DL only operates one set of lounges, for both paid members and business class.

UA, AA and many international carriers do have separate facilities for various levels of tickets and status.

FWIW, there is a private lounge in Concourse F (mezzanine level near the chapel) that is open to Priority Pass members as well as several other airlines. We had a long time to kill between checkout time at our downtown hotel and our domestic flight back to Houston a month or so ago. We enjoyed a bloody mary, tasty soup and some sandwiches .