Transportation from Sea/Tac International Airport to Pier 91

wantabecruiser

If you look on the West Coast Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

you will see lots of info on how to get around Seattle. Yes, you can do what you are proposing, if lugging your bags isn't a problem. For ease, I would probably just take an Uber or town car from the airport to the Pier.

I am assuming you mean the Link light rail? It would be alot cheaper probably then taking an uber direct from the airport! But depends on how much luggage you have and how willing you are to carry it on. There are spaces for bike/luggage at the front of some (maybe all, not sure) carts, you can stand there also or sit on other side. It can get very packed though especially if there's seahawks, mariners, or husky games going. Lastly, to get to the link station at seatac you have to go to the top floor of the parking garage, its easy but a little bit of a walk/elevator ride.

him my husband and I are thinking of taking the train from the airport to Westlake Station and the calling for Uber or Lyft to take us to Pier 91, Is this a good idea?:rolleyes:

Besides catching the Light Rail from the airport to downtown and then getting a Uber or Lyft from there to Pier 91, there are There are 4-5 ways to get from SeaTac to Pier 91. I'll go briefly through them here. (Note: Prices stated below are current as of this year. (2017))

1. Cruise line shuttle motor coach. There will be personnel in red vests (or some other defining piece of clothing, depending on the cruise line you're purchasing the transfer from) at the baggage carousels at SeaTac to meet you. If you're on Princess, they will make sure that your bags have ship's luggage tags on them and the bags will be loaded on trucks and taken directly to the pier where they will be processed through security, loaded on the ship and delivered to your room. You will be given health forms to fill out and those will be collected when you go through check-in at the pier. You will then be loaded on motor coaches and taken to the pier where you will go inside and processed onto the ship. First bus will depart the airport for the pier around 9:30 or 10:00. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ARE IN YOUR POSSESSION AND NOT IN THE BAGS THAT ARE PUT ON THE TRUCK!

2. Seattle Express or Shuttle Express. These are smaller motor coaches that can provide transportation from the airport to the pier. Your luggage will be loaded onto the coach and you will take the bags into the luggage hall or you can get a porter at the pier to take them in for you. If your ship's luggage tags are not attached to your bags, you will need to stop at the clerk's table outside Door #1 to either have tags made or your already printed tags stapled to your bags.

Cost for Seattle Express starts at *$13.00 per person; up to $18 per person one-way or $30.00 per person round-trip. *Save $5.00 per person with early or late bird promo code (available on checkout page of website.) NOTE: Seattle Express does NOT pick up at SeaTac but does drop off at SeaTac. They pick up only at hotels.

Seattle Express Info: http://www.seattleexpress.com/21501.html or

EMAIL: mattseattleexpress@yahoo.com

Phone: (206) 793-8430

Cost for Shuttle Express is:

Standard Seattle Package $52 per person:

From Sea-Tac Airport to select downtown Seattle hotels ($18 pp) listed below

From select hotels to pier ($12 pp)

From pier back to airport ($22 pp)

Sea-Tac Airport to/from Piers / $44 per person, round trip

Shuttle Express Info:

http://shuttleexpress.com/seattle/cruise-transfers/

Phone: (425) 981-7000 or (888) 787-8598

Email: sales@shuttleexpress.net

3. Taxicab. Yellow Cab is, at last report $50-60 to pier 91. Other cabs, I don't know the prices. Make sure that you inform the cab driver that you want to go to Pier 91 and not Pier 66 or you may end up at the wrong place. (Not a good way to start our a cruise!!) I've been told that a flat rate charge from the airport to the pier is not permitted, although it is permitted from the pier to the airport. Whether that is the case or not, I am not sure as I've been unable to determine yea or nay on that point. (From Pier 91 back to the airport via taxi, the cost is a flat rate$40.)

4. Uber or one of the other similar services are also available in the Seattle area.

5. Towncars or similar valet services.

Hope this helps.

Tom

You idea sounds good, but may I offer a little suggestion. Catching an Uber/Lyft at Westlake is not easy due to the ability for the car to pull over out of traffic. You might find it easier to take the light rail to, I believe, Chinatown station...whatever station is right by the Amtrak station. Easier to get Uber there or you can walk to train station and get a waiting taxi.