Rhodes question

WallyNDiane

We are in Rhodes from 7am to 5 pm.

I would love to see Lindos and the that tour ends around noon.

Is there enough time to also see the old town on our own? I don't know how far the cruise port is from the old town. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

We are in Rhodes from 7am to 5 pm.

I would love to see Lindos and the that tour ends around noon.

Is there enough time to also see the old town on our own? I don't know how far the cruise port is from the old town. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Your plan makes a great day in Rhodes. It is exactly what I did on one of my stops there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here is a video from our last visit to Rhodes that I hope helps you in planning of your day. We took a l/2 day taxi tour and there

is time at the end to visit the old town more, if you want. Such an interesting place. Enjoy!

GREECE - RHODES with drive to Lindos -2015 -

• 3 weeks later...

My DH and I are looking at this cruise. We have been to some of the ports before and if you are looking for a tour guide in Rhodes, Greece, I would highly recommend Nicholas at Rhodes Private Tours (www.RhodesPrivateTours.com).

We did the Best of Rhodes, 5 hour tour. There were 12 of us on the mini-bus which was very roomy and comfortable. We had a private guide, Tsabika, who was outstanding. They picked us up right outside the ship gangway. We went to a pottery workshop to see a demonstration, then on to Lindos where those of us who wanted to walked up tothe top of the Acropolis with our guide, there were coffee shops, cafes, and shopping for those who did not want to walk up the hill. Our last stop was a tour of the old town in Rhodes which was fascinating. The Old Town is a very short walk back to the ship so we were given the option of remaining in town or being dropped off back at the ship. The price was very reasonable at 60 Euros each for the 12 of us plus the entry fee of 12 Euros for the Acropolis – we were there in November, 2017.

Ann

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with Ann. We took a very similar tour - just 4 of us with our guide, Nick of Rhodes Private Tours.

Four of us had a wonderful tour seeing the highlights of Rhodes. Along with his Mercedes, Nick was waiting for us on the pier. It was a delightful day; Nick is personable yet professional, and took us to the sites that most interested us.....at our pace. That must be why Rick Steves chooses Nick to show him Rhodes. Here is his website: www.RhodesPrivateTours.com

On this website, you will see Nick pictured with Rick Steves. While you can see the old town adjacent to the port on your own, do not miss the rest of this beautiful and interesting island. LIndos is a long way from the port, but definitely amazing to see.