GSC question....cove or open water?

cruiser123!

• 5 months later...

There’s a post in this forum which has a link to a photo review, that review mentions a lagoon area on the island. My upcoming cruise itinerary just replaced Nassau with GSC so I’ve just started researching it myself. 

There are sharks in EVERY body of salt water...cove or open ocean....don't tell her that!  Bull sharks will even enter fresh water rivers......

The good news is they won't bother you.  We used to go the the Chesapeake Bay in Va.....there was a fishing pier, where folks were forever catching hammerheads....we swam and played right there.  No one was ever attacked...and hammerheads are not nice sharks.

Just tell her there are no sharks.....she'll be fine.

10 hours ago, cb at sea said:

There are sharks in EVERY body of salt water...cove or open ocean....don't tell her that!  Bull sharks will even enter fresh water rivers......

The good news is they won't bother you.  We used to go the the Chesapeake Bay in Va.....there was a fishing pier, where folks were forever catching hammerheads....we swam and played right there.  No one was ever attacked...and hammerheads are not nice sharks.

Just tell her there are no sharks.....she'll be fine.

Lol.  Thanks 🙂

On 3/15/2019 at 10:54 AM, cruiser123! said:

Lol.  Thanks 🙂

I enjoy freaking out visiting surfers by telling them there’s loads of sharks around Ireland. But then I reassure them  that there’s never been a shark attack here because of the cold water and plentiful fish. Some surfer in England claimed he was attacked last year but it was a little shark and his only injury was a grazed knuckle from pushing it away, the critter didn’t even tear his wetsuit. 

• 2 weeks later...