Kid's sail free isn't just for kids :)

kjquilts

This is just a heads up for those who might not read the thread titled Pack up the Kids - They're Cruising for Free and miss the fact that this promo is not limited to kids 17 and under. It is for kids of all ages:) Not sure why I read the thread since we're in our 60's but I'm so glad I did!

Here's link to NCL website

http://www.ncl.com/promo/kids-sail-free

and here is link to the terms and conditions (from bottom of page on above link)

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPagesPopup.html?pageId=KidsSailFreeTerms&stop_mobi=yes

We were able to use it with great results for our POA cruise for Oct 2014. Hopefully this info will be useful to someone.

Well I think the obvious best choice is to book six adults into the Haven 2 bedroom suite that case then...

When I first read the OP's post, I was mad at myself for assuming that kids had to be minors, since I had booked a haven suite and had my son as the 2nd and husband as the 3rd passenger. After I read the fine print, it looks like this offer is not applicable to Haven or Suite cabins. But the information is still good to know for next time if I ever book a non-Haven or non-Suite. Thanks to the OP for pointing this out.

When I first read the OP's post, I was mad at myself for assuming that kids had to be minors, since I had booked a haven suite and had my son as the 2nd and husband as the 3rd passenger. After I read the fine print, it looks like this offer is not applicable to Haven or Suite cabins. But the information is still good to know for next time if I ever book a non-Haven or non-Suite. Thanks to the OP for pointing this out.

when doing a mock booking, only the first and 2nd guest for haven a charges, the rest four is free.

when doing a mock booking, only the first and 2nd guest for haven a charges, the rest four is free.

Okay, now I'm mad at myself again, since we're past the penalty phase. Thanks for the clarification.

. After I read the fine print, it looks like this offer is not applicable to Haven or Suite cabins. But the information is still good to know for next time if I ever book a non-Haven or non-Suite. Thanks to the OP for pointing this out.

Here is a mock booking on the Getaway, Haven 2 bedroom family villa #15102 for 6 people on Oct. 25. It absolutely does include the haven suites:

mock_zpsb0a61936.jpg

I noticed this earlier because I was wondering when the new website was going to get around to asking me what the kid's ages were. It never does ask for the ages and now that they finally put details at the end of the booking, it was clear to see age was not a factor.

I wonder if they know about it? It could be a glitch. I can't imagine they'll let that slide for long. That didn't happen on the old website during kids sail free.

I noticed this earlier because I was wondering when the new website was going to get around to asking me what the kid's ages were. It never does ask for the ages and now that they finally put details at the end of the booking, it was clear to see age was not a factor.

I wonder if they know about it? It could be a glitch. I can't imagine they'll let that slide for long. That didn't happen on the old website during kids sail free.

I hope these guys realize how much of a steal this is. TA sites are offering $300 extra in OBC AND UBP/UDP at the SAMETIME!!!!:eek:

FireSales much?

I just did a mock booking for a 2 bedroom penthouse for 6 people and it cane to $6999.00 for the 1st and 2nd person for a total of $15000.00 and the remaining 4 people were free. This is for the 12 day on the breakaway.

They are just charging you for all people in the cabin but dividing the entire cost between the first 2 people. seems like a scam to me.

I just did a mock booking for a 2 bedroom penthouse for 6 people and it cane to $6999.00 for the 1st and 2nd person for a total of $15000.00 and the remaining 4 people were free. This is for the 12 day on the breakaway.

They are just charging you for all people in the cabin but dividing the entire cost between the first 2 people. seems like a scam to me.

How much would the same cabin be if you booked 2 people in it?

I looked into changing my booking from two balconies to a two bedroom haven suite & the promo didn't work for my sail date (end of June). From what I could see, it was not available after June 1st thru the whole summer :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just priced Jan 4, 2015 12 days on BA - 2 people =$6999.00 average for a total of $14,326.00.......changed it to 6 people and the total is $14,982.00.......$164.16 taxes & fees for #3, #4, #5, #6.......1 and 2 pay $6999.00 plus $164.16 each.

Edited by peg013

Here is a mock booking on the Getaway, Haven 2 bedroom family villa #15102 for 6 people on Oct. 25. It absolutely does include the haven suites:

mock_zpsb0a61936.jpg

Thanks for pointing it out. It looks like I misread the fine print and it does apply to Haven and Suites. Unfortunately, i won't be able to take advantage of this fabulous deal since we sail in less than 2 weeks. However, I hope everyone else is able to take advantage of this.

yes, the Alaska one I was looking at said it was $325 pp. which is 350 plus tax but they have the final price as $2000+ and show the first two as $600. Doesn't look like a sale. Or am I not doing something right?

Hummmm, I just did mock booking for 5 in a 2 bedroom for a 7 day cruise on the page it sent me to. Total shows just over $6,000 with it just over $1,000 per passenger plus tax and title...

I must be doing something wrong. I did not want to type in 5 names to show me the breakdown. But with that $6,000, I am guessing they will show 3k for 2 and the other 3 just taxes, etc.

I call that voodo math...:D

mock_zpsb0a61936.jpg

Hummmm, I just did mock booking for 5 in a 2 bedroom for a 7 day cruise on the page it sent me to. Total shows just over $6,000 with it just over $1,000 per passenger plus tax and title...

I must be doing something wrong. I did not want to type in 5 names to show me the breakdown. But with that $6,000, I am guessing they will show 3k for 2 and the other 3 just taxes, etc.

See the photo above. There are the words "view details" below the large $6793.52 total price on the gray part of the photo. (Can't really see it all on this photo - but it's there) Just click on it and it will show the "pricing details" you can see on the photo..

Edited by peg013

You do not have to enter names to get a price.

On a recent booking for us, it was the same TOTAL for 2 or 3 in a suite. But, the price per passenger varied depending on how many you entered. You did pay the taxes, ports fees per passenger.

yes, the Alaska one I was looking at said it was $325 pp. which is 350 plus tax but they have the final price as $2000+ and show the first two as $600. Doesn't look like a sale. Or am I not doing something right?

nd

oops should say $650 plus the taxes but instead it says final is $2000+. Why does it show $600+ for 1st and 2nd on the final read out instead of $325. Does any of this make sense? I am sure not explaining this well.

Edited by sprint180

nd

oops should say $650 plus the taxes but instead it says final is $2000+. Why does it show $600+ for 1st and 2nd on the final read out instead of $325. Does any of this make sense? I am sure not explaining this well.

What ship and date are you looking at?

nd

The per person price you see is always the total price divided by the number of people. If the cabin is 10000 it will show 5000 per person if you put in 2 people and 2500 per person if you put in 4 people.