Need help deciding between getaway haven courtyard pH and haven aft pH! !

browniegirl

Hi all...loving responses on another unrelated thread but would like to poll haven cruisers.....was it ok not being in the courtyard area??? Feel out of haven experience? Haven courtyard pH are so tiny and the jump in price to next size up in courtyard is a lot. ....I am kind of spoiled and like having makeup area....and a bigger deck....but we also lived being in the haven area.....so close to everything! !! Help!!!!! it will just be me and my 10 year old daughter. ...I think.....lol.....

Leah

Hi all...loving responses on another unrelated thread but would like to poll haven cruisers.....was it ok not being in the courtyard area??? Feel out of haven experience? Haven courtyard pH are so tiny and the jump in price to next size up in courtyard is a lot. ....I am kind of spoiled and like having makeup area....and a bigger deck....but we also lived being in the haven area.....so close to everything! !! Help!!!!! it will just be me and my 10 year old daughter. ...I think.....lol.....

Leah

See my post in the other thread you're following.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

thanks! Did you still feel like you were part of the whole "haven" experience being in the aft?

I was not in an aft penthouse suite, I was in a two bedroom family villa surrounding the courtyard of the Haven.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

I've been in the FWD and AFt Penthouses. I would book again in a heart beat. The rooms are so much better and you won't miss easy access to the Haven. Unless you're someone who spends all of your time secluded in the Haven, I don't think it makes that much of a difference.

You made the right decision. You are going to love it. Don't forget to have the butler set you up with a breakfast out on your balcony one morning. Or a nice dinner. You can order from any of the restaurants. :D

Will be in Aft Penthuose on 12th deck 1-31! Will have breakfast every morning on the deck! What restuarant would have that great view on the ship, :D

Question is always will I miss anything not being "in the Haven", I think the question should be what are those there missing not having that "huge" deck!! :p

Will be in Aft Penthuose on 12th deck 1-31! Will have breakfast every morning on the deck! What restuarant would have that great view on the ship, :D

Question is always will I miss anything not being "in the Haven", I think the question should be what are those there missing not having that "huge" deck!! :p

Haha, how true!!!! Having enjoyed the aft penthouses a few times, I can absolutely agree that it is the BEST place on the ship.....when I am at home and it is dreary and gross weather, I close my eyes and imagine sitting on that deck on the aft, hearing the waves...and THAT is my happy place!!!!!

Leah

Haha, how true!!!! Having enjoyed the aft penthouses a few times, I can absolutely agree that it is the BEST place on the ship.....when I am at home and it is dreary and gross weather, I close my eyes and imagine sitting on that deck on the aft, hearing the waves...and THAT is my happy place!!!!!

Leah

Great to know I will have that memory to take me to the happy place, because as always you eventually have to return to reality. ;)

Great to know I will have that memory to take me to the happy place, because as always you eventually have to return to reality. ;)

Take lots of pictures of the cabin please lol!!! And any tips when you get back would be awesome!

Leah

Thanks everyone!!!! I have left a message for my pcc to call me when he is back on Monday so I can switch to the aft ph!!! yay!!! Will try for decks 12 or 9!!!

Leah

We booked deck 11 because the floor plan is different. You have access to your huge balcony from the living room and the bedroom. There is one other deck that has it, I think 14. And it seems the bedroom may be a little bigger too. The other decks have a window in the tub and shower area to your balcony. We didn't book Haven because we have family that are in regular balcony rooms near us so we can all be together.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked deck 11 because the floor plan is different. You have access to your huge balcony from the living room and the bedroom. There is one other deck that has it, I think 14. And it seems the bedroom may be a little bigger too. The other decks have a window in the tub and shower area to your balcony. We didn't book Haven because we have family that are in regular balcony rooms near us so we can all be together.

thanks! I ended up booking on the 12th deck, aft, port side. I considered the 11th deck and it looks equally awesome, but I decided to enjoy the window in the bathroom for the natural light. We were in a suite a couple years back that had a window looking out over the ocean in the bathroom and it was just so nice.........I thought what the heck! I chose against Deck 14 because the garden cafe is right above it and spice h20 above that, and I didn't want the noise......the extra room in the bedroom would have been nice but oh well......I can't have it all lol! We also picked port side so we can see the fireworks from our balcony!

But you never know lol.........I warned my new pcc that he has along time to put up with me and my ever changing mind hahaha.

Thanks!

Leah

thanks! I ended up booking on the 12th deck, aft, port side. I considered the 11th deck and it looks equally awesome, but I decided to enjoy the window in the bathroom for the natural light. We were in a suite a couple years back that had a window looking out over the ocean in the bathroom and it was just so nice.........I thought what the heck! I chose against Deck 14 because the garden cafe is right above it and spice h20 above that, and I didn't want the noise......the extra room in the bedroom would have been nice but oh well......I can't have it all lol! We also picked port side so we can see the fireworks from our balcony!

But you never know lol.........I warned my new pcc that he has along time to put up with me and my ever changing mind hahaha.

Thanks!

Leah

I did port side too for fireworks. I agree the window in the bathroom is nice. We had a 2bedroom suite on the Gem and it was nice to sit in the tub and look out to the sea. Have fun!!

We went in December in the aft penthouse suite and loved the balcony. I found that I used the balcony a lot mainly because I was too tired to walk to the Haven area. There were times if our room had been in the front of the ship I would have used the sauna and hot tub. We are an older couple( late 50's) and the walk was too much for us, so we would only book in the Haven area from now on, but if you are young the aft penthouse is the best place on the ship!

Thanks! I wouldn't classify myself as young - will be turning 50 on that ship but my daughter is, she will only be 10, so she will have tonnes of energy! But the walking will be good for me, walk off all those extra calories!!! It was a tough decision between being in the haven or aft, but hopefully it is the right one for us!!!

Leah

We went in December in the aft penthouse suite and loved the balcony. I found that I used the balcony a lot mainly because I was too tired to walk to the Haven area. There were times if our room had been in the front of the ship I would have used the sauna and hot tub. We are an older couple( late 50's) and the walk was too much for us, so we would only book in the Haven area from now on, but if you are young the aft penthouse is the best place on the ship!

Older couple late 50's????? :confused:

Me and DW are 58 and 60, we are in the Aft Penthouse 12th deck in 17 days. Going to rock the Aft and make that hike to the Haven! :D

Just hit that eliptical!! :p

I just wanted to give a heads up to people like me who are not in the best of shape that after three days of hiking back and forth it took a toll on me and I thought I was in pretty good shape. If you are used to a lot of walking, then it would not be a problem. Before I good next time I plan on getting out and walking a few miles everyday to get in shape.

Me and DW are 58 and 60, we are in the Aft Penthouse 12th deck in 17 days. Going to rock the Aft and make that hike to the Haven! :D

Hey you two, we are right below you, aft corner penthouse, port side so lets coordinate that rockin', we don't need to cause anyone to fall off the boat!!:eek:

I think this will be the first cruise that I actually hit the gym lol!!!

I have done the treadmill in the haven before - super handy - not sure if there is a treadmill in the haven on the getaway?

Leah