Adventure of the Seas B2B 6/3 Live(ish) Review

Right?!? We said exactly the same thing about them. We were extremely uncomfortable riding them. They just did not feel safe.

It was through Royal...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would definitely sent a note to Royal on this one. Myself and another cruiser (I'd have to go back to my Jewel 2014 review) emailed Royal about an excursion on Antiqua that wasn't unsafe, but was a total ripoff of the guests and they quickly pulled it. I need to schedule another cruise to Antigua to see what me missed on that beautiful island. My excursion and your excursion is one reason people prefer private excursions. Royal has pulled excursions off the list for economic reasons and when you inquire about why, they give the canned line about "the safety of our guests" Clearly this one wasn't picked for safety reasons and I think the only way they know is when we speak up. Thanks for the review. I had a great week on Adventure, I can imagine how much fun two weeks was.

from the daily planner schedules, it looks like formal night is on a port day and not a sea day? does anyone know if this is typical of Royal?

we have our first cruise booked with Royal and had planned on getting dressed up and taking lots formal pictures with family, but I don't want to cut our port time short in order to do so.

from the daily planner schedules, it looks like formal night is on a port day and not a sea day? does anyone know if this is typical of Royal?.

I'm an 11 year Royal vet and it used to be mainly sea days, but they have become more unpredictable. On one Jewel 7 day the only sea day was the last night of the cruise. On my recent adventure day the first formal night was St Martin Day 2, and we were told Day 6 in Curacao would be the 2nd formal night, turned out it was Day 5, but lobster was day 7, the sea day.

from the daily planner schedules, it looks like formal night is on a port day and not a sea day? does anyone know if this is typical of Royal?

we have our first cruise booked with Royal and had planned on getting dressed up and taking lots formal pictures with family, but I don't want to cut our port time short in order to do so.

On the first leg, every day is a port day except for Day 7. All Aboard was 4:30 on every stop except for Aruba and Curacao, and neither of those were the formal nights. You'll have plenty of time to get showered, dressed, eat, and get pictures. We've had enough time in the past to hit every photographer, go back to our room, change clothes, and do another round.

I would definitely sent a note to Royal on this one. Myself and another cruiser (I'd have to go back to my Jewel 2014 review) emailed Royal about an excursion on Antiqua that wasn't unsafe, but was a total ripoff of the guests and they quickly pulled it. I need to schedule another cruise to Antigua to see what me missed on that beautiful island. My excursion and your excursion is one reason people prefer private excursions. Royal has pulled excursions off the list for economic reasons and when you inquire about why, they give the canned line about "the safety of our guests" Clearly this one wasn't picked for safety reasons and I think the only way they know is when we speak up. Thanks for the review. I had a great week on Adventure, I can imagine how much fun two weeks was.

Will do. Two weeks was so incredible, I wanted to stay for a third.

• 1 month later...
I've only been on Majesty. I don't know if the times were in the cruise compass; I think we just happened to be by the pool when they pulled out the ice cream machines. Did Adventure have those? If so, what time?

They had them, but I couldn't tell you when/where. We never had any, but I remember people with cones.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed your review! It further proved that cruises from San Juan are definitely the best cruises if you're looking for some beautiful Caribbean scenery and beaches. It also allows you to get to more faraway places. Thank you for taking the time to write it, good luck with upgrading your future bookings to Junior Suites! :D

• 2 weeks later...
I enjoyed your review! It further proved that cruises from San Juan are definitely the best cruises if you're looking for some beautiful Caribbean scenery and beaches. It also allows you to get to more faraway places. Thank you for taking the time to write it, good luck with upgrading your future bookings to Junior Suites! :D

Glad you enjoyed! We loved sailing out of San Juan. I'm currently looking at something for next summer, and it's on our list to do again becuase we loved it so much.

I upgraded us to a JS on our December 2018 New Years cruise on Rhapsody yesterday! Corner Aft JS! Only $400 more than the corner aft balcony we were in before!

Glad you enjoyed! We loved sailing out of San Juan. I'm currently looking at something for next summer, and it's on our list to do again becuase we loved it so much.

I upgraded us to a JS on our December 2018 New Years cruise on Rhapsody yesterday! Corner Aft JS! Only $400 more than the corner aft balcony we were in before!

Great. I am sure that a JS is worth the extra. Enjoy

• 2 months later...

Hey OP, I really enjoyed your review and am glad you and your SO had a terrific time! I am sailing on Adventure in December 2018 and am considering adding a B2B beforehand from Port Everglades :) Thanks for the lovely photos and info!

We are thinking about doing the rainforest tour. I have seen mixed reviews. Would you do it again? Also, do you recall what time they dropped everyone off at the airport?
El Yunque National Forest will remain closed until further notice after Hurricane Maria... It's was beautiful and a great place to visit, i hope it recovers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app