My feedback of Robtad's TOUR/Colon/Panama Canal/Celebrity Infinity

FlorenceItaly

We cruised on the Celebrity Infinity October 24-November 8. I arranged a private tour with Roberto, and it was THE highlight of the cruise, and this is no exaggeration. We chose tour 2C which included the Old & New Locks, and MORE. All communication with him was prompt. I highly recommend this tour. Also, I am receiving no compensation for this endorsement.

We are doing this same cruise in the Spring and were hoping to use Robtad's. I emailed him and he responded quickly but when I asked a question I never heard back from him. I always worry about booking a private tour for this reason. But based on your review do you think that's unusual that he never got back to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are doing this same cruise in the Spring and were hoping to use Robtad's. I emailed him and he responded quickly but when I asked a question I never heard back from him. I always worry about booking a private tour for this reason. But based on your review do you think that's unusual that he never got back to me?

I think it's possible he may not have received it. I am aware that he has occasional problems with hotmail. I would go ahead and resend the same email showing the original date(forward from your sent mail), and say something like "I am not sure if you received my original email". He is dependable and reputable, so you have no worries there. I can't advise one way or another if you don't feel comfortable with a private tour vs cruise line. On this particular cruise I booked 3 private tours, and 1 ship tour. I hope this helps some.

• 3 weeks later...
We cruised on the Celebrity Infinity October 24-November 8. I arranged a private tour with Roberto, and it was THE highlight of the cruise, and this is no exaggeration. We chose tour 2C which included the Old & New Locks, and MORE. All communication with him was prompt. I highly recommend this tour. Also, I am receiving no compensation for this endorsement.

Thank you for your feedback on this tour. I have booked the 2C option with Roberto for an upcoming cruise and was hoping for it to be good. Sounds like it will exceed my expectations !!

Any issues with getting back to the ship on time? The 2C tour is so jam packed that I am a bit concerned. FYI - we are sailing on Celebrity Infinity as well.

Cheryl

Thank you for your feedback on this tour. I have booked the 2C option with Roberto for an upcoming cruise and was hoping for it to be good. Sounds like it will exceed my expectations !!

Any issues with getting back to the ship on time? The 2C tour is so jam packed that I am a bit concerned. FYI - we are sailing on Celebrity Infinity as well.

Cheryl

Cheryl, it was THE highlight of the cruise, and this is no exaggeration. He made some special arrangements for our tour, and I suspect he may do the same for yours. You are free to tell him that you talked to me and I told you how wonderful his tour is, among the TOP, if not the top of ALL travel we have ever done. We had no problems getting back on time. He has been doing this for years, no worries. When we were leaving the port area there were a few other tour operators that tried to dissuade us from leaving the port area, but, I just kept walking per his instructions.

I just wrote to Roberto to book this tour for our cruise on the Infinity in September based upon your recommendation. How many people did you include in your group?

Ellen

Hi Ellen,

There were 11 or 12 of us. Have a wonderful cruise!

We enjoyed our tour in 2013 and are in email communications again for our Panama cruise this coming November. We are going to do Option #2:* Grand Tour (Two Oceans and Three Locks).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We’re doing San Diego to Ft Lauderdale in October on the Infinity. I thought the ship didn’t stop at the locks. What port was this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Robtads is a tour guide that some have used on their stops in Panama. While the Infinity doesn't stop at the locks during the transit to let people take shore excursions, they do stop in Colon on most cruises. The October cruise from SAN-FLL include a stop in Colon the day after your transit.