Aft Balcony Epic

AK Dreaming

I will be sailing alone on the Epic but want a balcony. I really enjoy the Thermal suite on the Epic and so I was considering an Aft Balcony on the Epic as opposed to a regular balcony. Are the Aft balconies larger or smaller than the port side balconies. Any suggestions?

I prefer the bed by the balcony so if anyone knows which rooms have this it would be very helpful! Thank you.

We sailed in 11314 Dec. 2016, end cabin next to secret stairway, bed by the balcony, I think the other corner is sofa by the balcony. The cabin is tight but probably the same as the other balcony cabins. We love the aft and always book aft facing unless we get a deal on a forward suite but we felt more movement on the Epic aft than usual so booked a midship large balcony cabin on our Dec 2017 cruise, aft seemed a bit far from most everything on the ship, I am hoping we don't regret giving up being in a quiet area and not being able to enjoy the wake:eek:

Here is link to a thread where I posted several photos of the balcony of aft facing 10318 on the Epic. The bed is by the balcony in this stateroom. The outer edge aft facing balconies are wider than the others so there is room for at least one lounger as well as the normal chairs and small table.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1923519

I used the "secret stairs" area next door for quick port side viewing.

I will be sailing alone on the Epic but want a balcony. I really enjoy the Thermal suite on the Epic and so I was considering an Aft Balcony on the Epic as opposed to a regular balcony. Are the Aft balconies larger or smaller than the port side balconies. Any suggestions?

I prefer the bed by the balcony so if anyone knows which rooms have this it would be very helpful! Thank you.

I'm new to NCL (but not cruising) but it looks like if you just pull up the deck plans, the rooms with the arc jutting out towards the next room (creating a bigger space) is where the bed is. I do like being closer to the balcony too, so it was a pleasant surprise to realize this after I booked.