Hyatt Place

tauntoncheer

I saw it this morning assuming you are talking about Hyatt Place City Center. It's very close to the convention center and the PanAm Pier. It's about a ten minute taxi ride to center of OSJ. Don't know about wine options around it though.

While this hotel is about 1/2 a mile from the Pan American Pier it's really one of the Convention Center complex hotels. It's about a 10 minutes or less ride into Old San Juan but there are no stores near it. You'll have two options, really. Either a taxi to OSJ piers where you can do some quick shopping at CVS or Walgreens or Taxi to Condado to the Supermax supermarket. It has a huge wine selection.

There are a couple nearby. There is a Longhorn Steakhouse and an Olive Garden besides the Hyatt House right across the street from the Hyatt Place. A bit farther up is there is a Sizzler. Nearby at the Sheraton you have Texas De Brazil and a Metropol (cuban-Caribbean food).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I’m staying at the Hyatt House, which is just across the street, at the end of the month. There are a couple of restaurants on the other side of Hwy1 that look interesting. One is Casita Miramar, the other is Melanzana. I’m just not sure if you can get to either of them by walking. I’m going to wait and find out when I get there. I’ll keep you posted.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

Stayed here in 2016,The Hotel was almost brand new, Going out after dark was not recommended from the Front Desk Staff:eek:, but there is a bar that make Sandwichs and Pizza's.

All the Staff were really nice and friendly. I really would recommended it.:D

All The Best

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all who answered my question about fridges in ocean view rooms. I now have three more questions.

Will the ship be on the same time as San Juan (which I know is an hour later than here in Michigan).

Will we need a converter to use outlets in San Juan hotel? (We are staying at the Hyatt Plaza.)

We plan on boarding the Carnival Fascination between 1 and 1:30. We will get something to eat and then get back off the ship for awhile. If we do that, will we need to get in line behind people who are just checking in or will there be a line for people returning to the ship?

Thanks very much!

Thanks to all who answered my question about fridges in ocean view rooms. I now have three more questions.

Will the ship be on the same time as San Juan (which I know is an hour later than here in Michigan).

Will we need a converter to use outlets in San Juan hotel? (We are staying at the Hyatt Plaza.)

We plan on boarding the Carnival Fascination between 1 and 1:30. We will get something to eat and then get back off the ship for awhile. If we do that, will we need to get in line behind people who are just checking in or will there be a line for people returning to the ship?

Thanks very much!

Since Michigan is in the Eastern time zone, San Juan, which is in the Atlantic time zone, will be one hour later than Michigan during Standard Time. When Michigan is on Daylight Saving Time, as it is right now, it will be on the same time as San Juan as Puerto Rico does not use Daylight Saving Time, so it doesn't advance its time one hour during that part of the year.

Thanks very much!

As you’re cruising with Carnival, I do believe you will be embarking at the pier in OSJ. The information in this thread that refers to the Pan Am pier won’t apply to you other than your hotel is closer to that pier than the one in OSJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums