London Hotel and sightseeing

Can anyone familiar with London recommend either Marriott or Hilton brand (points) properties that are best located for sightseeing. We will be in London six nights and without any specific knowledge, the choices are daunting.

We expect to do our normal 20,000+ steps/day walking and take the bus or a taxi where necessary but would just like to begin in what is considered a good location. Thanks!

I'm a Marriott gal, so can talk about their London hotels. In terms of pure location, probably the best is the Marriott County Hall - right across the river from Westminster/Big Ben, lots of buses and right beside the London Eye. I have stayed at the JW Grosvenor House, which I loved, and appreciated the quieter location in Mayfair, but there is less right outside your door there. Just down the road is the smaller Marriott Park Lane, right at Marble Arch so a bit closer to the action.

London Marriott Hotel county hall

If it’s available.

I would find one within 2 miles of a London UK search. The key is finding a hotel within 1-2 blocks of an underground station. The tube makes all tourist attractions easily accessible.

Find the address of a hotel and use google maps “transit “ option to find out how close you are to the station.

Eg. hotel name to buckingham palace, select the “bus” icon, it will tell you how far you have to walk to the station and what subway line you have to take.

imagepng

imagepng

We paid cash but St Ermins Hotel Autograph Collection is a Marriott property and in the perfect location for sightseeing. We walked almost everywhere you could imagine. It is a block away from St James Park station if you need the tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can anyone familiar with London recommend either Marriott or Hilton brand (points) properties that are best located for sightseeing.
To be more generic for a moment, it's worth remembering that central London and the main tourist sights are spread over a wide area, so no one hotel will be "best" located for everything.