Rotterdam inspection

kktexas

I found the 4/9/18 Rotterdam Inspection. Score was 91, definitely not a fail.

https://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionDetailReport.aspx?ColI=MTkzMDA1MDg%3d-rx3aHy2HuHU%3d

Any possibility this prior Inspection Fail report here was a competitor's attempt at "industrial sabotage?. Or a disgruntled ex-employee.

CDC VSP (Vessel Sanitation Program) Inspection Report - April, 2018: - Rotterdam: https://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionDetailReport.aspx?ColI=MTkzMDA1MDg%3d-rx3aHy2HuHU%3d

Last score approximately 6 months ago was 99, dropped to a 91.

To think a $.99 fly swatter could have saved those points.

Any possibility this prior Inspection Fail report here was a competitor's attempt at "industrial sabotage?. Or a disgruntled ex-employee.

I suspect it's more likely that the officers, staff, and crew had been roasted medium-well, and the dockworker

was misinterpreting the singe-marks.

To think a $.99 fly swatter could have saved those points.

There were a few more things wrong than one fly.

Weevils were found in boxes in the dry provisions store.

Problems were found in testing potable water

Problems maintaining proper pool halogen concentrations

Two dishwashers in use did not bring the final sanitizing rinse water to the proper temperature

Dirty ice maker bins

Water dripping on frozen food in freezer

Flies were noted in two areas

Rat guards not properly installed on mooring lines

The weevils, flies, and rat guards most likely led to a 3 point deduction for pest control.

The dishwasher problems probably led to a 3 point deduction for warewashing equipment

The dirty ice maker bins probably led to a 3 point deduction for refrigerating equipment

A few areas of water dripping from overheads, or equipment can also count for deductions.

These 3 areas may have been scaled down to 1's or 2's, though from my experience, they were probably full 3's. If they were scaled down, then some of the other problem areas may have contributed a point deduction or two. The only place you typically see what each deficiency or each "group" gets deducted is on the corrective action report, which has not been submitted yet.

Two dishwashers in use did not bring the final sanitizing rinse water to the proper temperature

Dirty ice maker bins

The weevils, flies, and rat guards most likely led to a 3 point deduction for pest control.

The dishwasher problems probably led to a 3 point deduction for warewashing equipment

The dirty ice maker bins probably led to a 3 point deduction for refrigerating equipment

A few areas of water dripping from overheads, or equipment can also count for deductions.

These 3 areas may have been scaled down to 1's or 2's, though from my experience, they were probably full 3's. If they were scaled down, then some of the other problem areas may have contributed a point deduction or two. The only place you typically see what each deficiency or each "group" gets deducted is on the corrective action report, which has not been submitted yet.

Great Clarification, of course.

Sorry for my $.99 Sarcasm. :embarrassed:

Dirty ice maker bins

Thanks for doing this analysis.

I posted the link this morning and then needed to run for an appointment. I was planning to do a review of the findings in depth when I came back, you saved me the review.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...