Chefs Table Worth It?

My search option isn't working right now. In the meantime, can anyone who's done chef's table give me an explanation of what it is, how it is, examples of items. We have unlimited beverage package, so though we are HUGE wine fans, it doesn't impress us because we can get pairings with anything we eat on ship. It's will be my husband's birthday, so trying to decide between chefs table and chops.

It would not be worth the full $95 price to us. However, the last few cruises we've been on, the dinner has been offered to us at half price. I'd not pay more than that.

Thank you. I will take your advice on not paying full price. If they do offer it for 1/2 price, which would you suggest more, it or chops?

:') You sound very knowledgeable. I have no problem with main dining and a nice bottle of wine. But I do want to single out the 1 night for his birthday.

Pay attention to roving crewmembers right after you board. They may be able to offer you a discount on Chops or Chef's Table.

Also check out your Cruise Planner, there could be a deal there for the first night.

Just wanted to chime on regarding the beverage package. I am a huge wine lover myself and was not impressed with the wines available for free with the package. You might want to take a look at what is available (for free) with the package. They do let you pay the difference though. So if you wanted the $16 glass of wine but the package only went up to $12 you would pay the $4 on top of that. Math is not my thing so I would guess it still makes sense to get the package? Just be aware that if you pick certain wines that you might still have an additional amount. Have a great cruise!

We did it last month on the Freedom TA. One of our Roll Call members arranged for a discount price for a group. You may want to look at it again. It was excellent, but we aren't foodies so we would not be willing to pay full price for it. It was a good experience, but decided that half of the fun was doing it with friends. That is the only way we would do it again - at a discount and with good friends. For us, the highlight was the dessert. They served "The World" which is a featured dessert that we had first in Wonderland on the Harmony, Wow! I do believe the menu varies by chef, though.

Love Chef's table food is outstanding and presentation is awesome. They pour some very nice wines. We have done it twice on Oasis. The first time they were offering discounts of $75 on embarkation day. This last time, in October, they never offered a discount. But we did it anyway, seems like $20 difference wasn't worth missing out on a great meal experience. Yes, Chops and Giovanni's have great food, but they don't offer the overall experience of Chef's Table. CT is something you should experience at least once.

I would not pay full price for Chops either.

Bob-We just booked the $19 Chops lunch on Adventure. Any thoughts on that? Also, do the prepaid gratuities cover that? Just need to know whether to give a full tip or just a little extra.

Thanks and here's wishing you and your family a safe, healthy and happy Thanksgiving.

Bob-We just booked the $19 Chops lunch on Adventure. Any thoughts on that? Also, do the prepaid gratuities cover that? Just need to know whether to give a full tip or just a little extra.

Thanks and here's wishing you and your family a safe, healthy and happy Thanksgiving.

I think that's a better deal than the dinner price. I believe they will now add 18% to that price, and prepaid gratuities do not cover that.

I think that's a better deal than the dinner price. I believe they will now add 18% to that price, and prepaid gratuities do not cover that.

Thanks, Bob! It was actually billed at $38 for the two of us, so no gratuity added. We'll leave it when there.

• 1 month later...

Wevare cruising on the Navigator of the Seas January 19, 2018. Looking at the Chef's Table as a way to Escape the family :). Huge wine/foodies here! Thanks for the input. We will book but wait until we are on board. Don't mind paying full price but a discount is always better.