Residence Inn Port Canaveral or Courtyard Cocoa Beach?

SRQbeachgirl

Trying to decide between these two hotels for the night before our cruise in July. Both have good reviews on Trip Advisor, but Residence is closer to port. We'll be using reward points and Residence is 5,000 more points than Courtyard.

We don't need parking, since we'll be taking transportation from MCO to the hotel. We will need a shuttle to the port from the hotel, though, so would be great if the hotel offered reliable shuttle service. We will also need dining options for dinner within walking distance of the hotel.

Any thoughts on which of these hotels would be better?

I was in this same dilemma when I made my last reservations. I ended up going with Courtyard because typically (anywhere else in the country at least) Marriott properties are nicer and I've always been a fan of Courtyard. Plus I get Marriott points. The Courtyard is right at the beach and offers 1 person free on their shuttle through Cocoa Beach Shuttle. We ended up just renting a car to get from MCO-Cocoa Beach since it was the cheapest. That way we can drive to KSC. Then the day of the cruise we will Uber to port. They have a shuttle but I don't want to be crammed on a bus with a hundred other people.

• 2 weeks later...
I was in this same dilemma when I made my last reservations. I ended up going with Courtyard because typically (anywhere else in the country at least) Marriott properties are nicer and I've always been a fan of Courtyard. Plus I get Marriott points.

I'm sure you know that a Residence Inn is a Marriott property also, though you only get half points.