Direct flight from UK to Miami

liberty64

Am trying to book on Allure of the Seasfor September, but I can't find a direct flight from the UK apart from London. I'm very surprised that there are no direct flights from Manchester or any other northern airport for that matter.

Am I doing something wrong??

Only thing you are doing wrong in this case is not flying in from Central or South America where there are innumerable non-stop flights to MIA from every gateway in that region. As the airports international capacity continues to shift in their favor the number of direct flights from elsewhere continues to dwindle--especially to both the UK and the Continent.

Best flights I see with a not too long layover (but still long enough to make the connection) are MAN-PHI-MIA (on AA metals but can be ticketed as BA) or MAN-JFK-MIA on VS.

Otherwise your best alternative will be starting at LHR via your transport mode of choice.

Another alternative would be to fly to Dublin then direct to Miami (MAN - DUB - MIA) on an A330. EI flies to Miami on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. The big big positive of this is that you would pre-clear US customs and immigration in Dublin and then when you arrive in Miami it is collect bags and straight out of the airport. Immigration in Miami is a bit of a nightmare (in my opinion!).

Thanks for your quick responses, I'm just surprised that there are no direct flights from Manchester at all, have looked at Dublin as this seemed a good option but bumps the price of the holiday up. Probably too much hassle for just a 7 night cruise!!

Thanks again

Hi we can fly ba to Heathrow but I don’t fancy the underground with 3 cases to Gatwick, or cross country to reading then another train to Gatwick or 1 train to Edinburgh and the airport bus to the airport. Edinburgh seems to be the cheapest and easiest option even with two hotels, Janice

Hi, sorry my mistake I have looked at so many routes for one way flights, we will need to take the train to Edinburgh then fly ba to Gatwick then Norwegian to Fort Lauderdale it’s bonkers really but it seems to be the cheapest, janice

Hi no I didn’t but one way flights were ridiculous on ba, we have now booked! We are flying Newcastle to Heathrow with ba,then National express to Gatwick and flying the following day to fort Lauderdale with Norwegian I’m just pleased to have booked and I can now relax for 11 months. If only we could fly to Gatwick from Newcastle!, janice