Elite/Platinum lounge

Dorset Cruiser

We are platinum and will be on Golden Princess in July to Alaska from Seattle. We will be travelling with some family members who have only cruised with Princess once before. Will they be able to come into the elite/platinum lounge with us?
They are family members; I don't see why not as long as there is room in the lounge for them.

Last fall on the CB we received an invitation in our cabin to the Elite/Platinum Lounge. On the first evening, we were greeted by the Circle hostess who appeared to have a list of names. On subsequent evenings we just walked in and enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres and specially priced drinks. While I don't think your traveling companions are eligible to join you, they probably wouldn't be asked to leave, especially if relatively few people attend. It's a sticky wicket since this perk is recognition for past passengers who have cruised the requisite number of times with Princess. I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll get much encouragement from other posters to bring your friends with you.

While I don't think your traveling companions are eligible to join you, they probably wouldn't be asked to leave, especially if relatively few people attend. It's a sticky wicket since this perk is recognition for past passengers who have cruised the requisite number of times with Princess. I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll get much encouragement from other posters to bring your friends with you.
IMHO, there's a difference between "friends" and "family" traveling with you. The OP stated that these were family members. When we take our kids and their significant others on a cruise, they come into the lounge with us. Edited by Pam in CA

I think technically the benefit is only for platinum+ status passengers. That said, I understand these are not entirely full typically and suspect there may be some leeway.

I would guess if it appears people are taking advantage of it (i.e. bringing in 10 people with you to save on the cheaper drinks) they might crack down on it.

We are platinum and will be on Golden Princess in July to Alaska from Seattle. We will be travelling with some family members who have only cruised with Princess once before. Will they be able to come into the elite/platinum lounge with us?

I don't see any problem with family members joining in it is just a social. Also it would mean that I can go as a Plat but my wife who is Gold could not!

Evening Lounge:

Yes - we have invited guests who were not Platinum to join us. As long as they accompany you or if you arrive earlier than them and you go to the door to bring them in they have been welcomed.

Edited by sultan_sfo

Evening Lounge:

Yes - we have invited guests who were not Platinum to join us. As long as they accompany you or if you arrive earlier than them and you go to the door to bring them in they have been welcomed.

You didn't like the lounges being closed for private parties, but you are OK having people get into a place when they should not be there?

Shame on you. You are in the HALL of Shame!!!!

I was referring to the $5 drinks lounge but from the comments I think we will give it a miss. We are sailing with cousins from Canada and would not want to embarrass them if they are not allowed to join us. We will have our pre-dinner drinks in one of the other bars. For information, are all drinks cheaper in the elite lounge or just the cocktail of the day?

When we travelled with our adult children and their families last year, we were told it was okay for them to embark with us using our Platinum privileges but in the event check-in was empty and we did not avail ourselves of the 'perk'. This elite/platinum 'evening' lounge was not in existence then I believe.

For what it's worth, we are just back from the Feb 26th 14-day sailing on the Grand Princess. One of the couples we met during the week did not qualify for the happy hour - they had just wandered up to the Skywalker level, saw something going on, and joined in. At no time during the 14 days did anyone check people at the door. The happy hour was from 5-7 - at 7:00 the food and the waitiers promptly disappeared.

We found out about this lounge the last 2 days of our cruise. Guess we didn't read the info on the Patters till then. Anyhow, we didn't go since we liked to hang out at that time on our balcony.:confused: But I still would like to know what type drinks are at the special $5.00 price? Also what type of appetizers do they serve? Is it always held in Skywalkers? We might make it up there this year.

Thanks!

What was to be considered an Elite cocktail lounge/area perk with it's nightly $5.00 special cocktail and speciality hors d'oeuvres quickly became the Elite/Platinum cocktail lounge perk. Then when that didn't result in enough patronage it became come one come all.

Let us not kid ourselves. This feature was designed to sell drinks while offering special cocktail treats. Nothing wrong with that as if we want to find a bar corner in which to have our nightly cocktails, it may as well be where the sumptuous hors d'oeuvres are served and sumptuous they are.