3/4 adults in an inside cabin, VIDEO

Hey guys,

I often see people asking in here if you can fit 3/4 adults in an inside cabin. You can, (just). I filmed this video onboard the Independence of the seas and wanted to show you guys how it works in reality.

In my experience it works for a couple of days but I wouldn’t really want to spend a week or longer like this. I’m sure it’s difficult if you are sharing wth children, but 3/4 adults can get pretty squishy!

Please let me know what you think and let me know if you’ve ever shared an inside cabin with 3/4 others?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did 4 adults in an interior on an Alaska cruise (Radiance of the Seas) and had zero problems. I think it really depends on who you are travelling with and what you are used to. The pullman beds aren't great for tall or heavy guests, so as long as the people sleeping in them are a little smaller (in our case one was 5'8 about 170 pounds, and the other 5'5, around 140 pounds) it should work out.

Then again, my husband's family once fit 9 people in a one bedroom apartment for a week, so 4 in an interior cruise room was nothing.

We did 4 adults in an interior on an Alaska cruise (Radiance of the Seas) and had zero problems. I think it really depends on who you are travelling with and what you are used to. The pullman beds aren't great for tall or heavy guests, so as long as the people sleeping in them are a little smaller (in our case one was 5'8 about 170 pounds, and the other 5'5, around 140 pounds) it should work out.

Then again, my husband's family once fit 9 people in a one bedroom apartment for a week, so 4 in an interior cruise room was nothing.

Wow!!! Now that is impressive.

My 6ft brother fits on the bunk pretty well... he does complain though! Haha.

Hey guys! It’s Emma here, you can find me on Twitter/instagram @emmacruises if you want to continue the conversation :-)

We travel as 2 adults and 2 young adult of 13 and 15 and we have done it for most of our cruises. we have no trouble with it, really. Since we have to fly to most ports and getting to FL is usually more than the cruise itself... it’s just fine.

Twenty plus years ago sailed the Majesty in an inside cabin (smallest of the small) with our two college-aged kids, including a 6' 2" football player. We laugh about it now, but at the time when the kids saw the cabin their faces were priceless!

Key was organization, putting stuff away, especially at night, and especially shoes. Guys showered at the gym and my daughter and I used the cabin and bathroom. Also, back in those days you did dress up for dinner each night!

We travel as 2 adults and 2 young adult of 13 and 15 and we have done it for most of our cruises. we have no trouble with it, really. Since we have to fly to most ports and getting to FL is usually more than the cruise itself... it’s just fine.

Yep agree! I used to share with my parents and brother when I was a teenager on occasion :-)

Hey guys! It’s Emma here, you can find me on Twitter/instagram @emmacruises if you want to continue the conversation :-)

Twenty plus years ago sailed the Majesty in an inside cabin (smallest of the small) with our two college-aged kids, including a 6' 2" football player. We laugh about it now, but at the time when the kids saw the cabin their faces were priceless!

Key was organization, putting stuff away, especially at night, and especially shoes. Guys showered at the gym and my daughter and I used the cabin and bathroom. Also, back in those days you did dress up for dinner each night!

Ha ha the shoes thing is SO true! Always tripping over them on the way to the bathroom at night....

Thanks for commenting :)

There is ZERO chance of me ever being in an inside cabin....and less than zero chance of being in there with more than me and hubby! EVER!

Good thing we’re all different! :-) I could never afford to cruise at all if I had that attitude ha ha. Need those bargain guaranteed inside cabins!!

Good thing we’re all different! :-) I could never afford to cruise at all if I had that attitude ha ha. Need those bargain guaranteed inside cabins!!

Yup, different strokes for different folks. We've ran into a few people who have actually said that if you can't afford a balcony or better you can't afford to cruise, or if you can't afford to fly in first class you can't afford to fly. For us it's whatever let's us travel more, and if that means fitting 4 people in an interior we will.

We do everything in our power to save money on our vacations. If we get a good deal we'll upgrade (had our first ever junior suite last month) but we also drove 8 hours to get a better airfare deal, parked in off airport parking and took a shuttle to save money, flew 12 hours in economy, and stayed in budget hotels for three of the four nights we needed a hotel.

It's great if people have the disposable income to be able to afford fancier traveling, but it can be just as fun taking the budget options

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Yup, different strokes for different folks. We've ran into a few people who have actually said that if you can't afford a balcony or better you can't afford to cruise, or if you can't afford to fly in first class you can't afford to fly. For us it's whatever let's us travel more, and if that means fitting 4 people in an interior we will.

We do everything in our power to save money on our vacations. If we get a good deal we'll upgrade (had our first ever junior suite last month) but we also drove 8 hours to get a better airfare deal, parked in off airport parking and took a shuttle to save money, flew 12 hours in economy, and stayed in budget hotels for three of the four nights we needed a hotel.

It's great if people have the disposable income to be able to afford fancier traveling, but it can be just as fun taking the budget options

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Yep completely agree!! :-) thanks for commenting.

We love interior rooms! We are barely in there and my kid wpuld rather be in the kid zone. So no point in getting anything else. (I could sit on the swim deck alllllll day) while it is economical it also makes sense for our family since we are in there to sleep and shower.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We love interior rooms! We are barely in there and my kid wpuld rather be in the kid zone. So no point in getting anything else. (I could sit on the swim deck alllllll day) while it is economical it also makes sense for our family since we are in there to sleep and shower.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yep me too! I don’t understand people who spend a lot of time in the cabin, may as well be at home in my opinion! Haha.