How to call home- internet package?

matousm

This will be the first cruise without my family and I want to be able to call them a few times during the week. We are going on RC Liberty of the Seas. I have ATT service on my cell phone. Should I get the VOOM package and how does that work with calling??? Help?

This will be the first cruise without my family and I want to be able to call them a few times during the week. We are going on RC Liberty of the Seas. I have ATT service on my cell phone. Should I get the VOOM package and how does that work with calling??? Help?

We also have AT&T and purchase their cruise package for texts and calls..Additionally I also purchase the Voom/Stream one device from RCI.. This works great for us. We like to cover all our bases...and have no need to worry about how and where to keep in touch.

1). While at home, enable wifi calling. You must be connected to your cellular carrier for this. You can find specific instructions online or call your carrier and they will walk you through it.

2) Buy an onboard internet package.

3). Onboard, put phone in Airplane Mode, Turn ON Wifi, log in, and you are good to go. Call all you want.

Or, just wait until you are in port and enable international roaming before you leave. Or you can use wifi calling in port and a free wifi spot.

With International Roaming, check your carrier web page or call them to see your options. When I was with ATT, they had monthly international packages that provided texting, lower cost calling, and some data for a set fee per month.

We also have AT&T and purchase their cruise package for texts and calls..Additionally I also purchase the Voom/Stream one device from RCI.. This works great for us. We like to cover all our bases...and have no need to worry about how and where to keep in touch.

What do you mean by "their cruise package"?