Cocoa Beach International Palms Resort ?

smiles998

Hello,

I am trying to get more information on the Inter. Palms Resort from anyone who has stayed there recently. Is this hotel really as bad as most of of the reviews out there? I saw some room recommendations by some of my most trusted C.C posters which has got me questioning the negativity on other web sites. :confused:

Thanks so much for any information you can share :)

as a local I have never stayed here

but I can say that it is up and running and doing plenty of business

it is one of the few Cocoa Beach properties with direct beach access

while not "tier one" I'd not hesitate to book here ......

Thanks Capt_BJ,

We are also now considering the Best Western in the family suite building, as well as La Quinta oceanfront.

I really respect your opinion as a local, and enjoy reading all of you posts about the area...

Of the three hotels, International Palms, Best Western and la Quinta Ocean Front, which hotel would you chose? We are just looking for a hotel that is within walking distant to the ocean, has a place within walking distance to get a drink in the evening, and has a decent breakfast in the morning before our cruise.

Thanks so much for you thoughts :)

as I said, I've not stayed at any of these ....

I have attended car shows hosted at International Palm tho, so am familiar with the property. It was previously Holiday Inn Resort Cocoa Beach but became IP over 10 years ago. Older reviews don't reflect the $ spent by IP over the years but there is no denying this is an older property that has been refurbished.

IP is further south than the other two which are near 'the pier'. Only IP is actually on the water - actually occupies the full span from A1A to the water. It is more like a 'resort' with multiple on site lounges and restaurants as well as options within walking distance.

Your other two are close together and walking distance to the beach and 'the pier' ... and closer to the port but the distance is not too far for any. Travel time to the port in the morning will vary by only a few minutes. The pier affords several dining options and there are other choices on A1A in the immediate vicinity.

I'd just shop it by price I suppose .....

Just so there is no confusion - All three hotels mentioned are oceanfront!

Which to choose depend on budget, the room you book and how close you prefer your restaurants and entertainment.

Generally speaking, if I have to recommend these to my family my order would be LQ Oceanfront, Best Western then International Palms. Naturally the oceanfront rooms in all three are preferred if you want to see the ocean.

Cocoa-Beach-Pier-Hotels.jpg

International-Palms-Location.jpg

Just so there is no confusion - All three hotels mentioned are oceanfront!

Which to choose depend on budget, the room you book and how close you prefer your restaurants and entertainment.

Generally speaking, if I have to recommend these to my family my order would be LQ Oceanfront, Best Western then International Palms. Naturally the oceanfront rooms in all three are preferred if you want to see the ocean.

Cocoa-Beach-Pier-Hotels.jpg

International-Palms-Location.jpg

Sweet! Thanks for the pics SteerageJoe... I agree, the La Quinta looks very nice... What makes it the better choice of the three? I am having such a hard time making up my mind... :confused:

La Quinta Oceanfront is much smaller. If you need something you stroll down to the lobby. The other two are campus-style hotels and you have a long walk from the ocean view rooms. It is closest to the restaurants and bars.

It comes down to your budget, what the rates are during your visit and what room types you prefer.

Go here to see where the different room types are: La Quinta Oceanfront Details for Cruisers

La Quinta Oceanfront is much smaller. If you need something you stroll down to the lobby. The other two are campus-style hotels and you have a long walk from the ocean view rooms. It is closest to the restaurants and bars.

It comes down to your budget, what the rates are during your visit and what room types you prefer.

Go here to see where the different room types are: La Quinta Oceanfront Details for Cruisers

AWESOME site SteerageJoe.... Thanks for the link! :)

We've stayed at the International Palms for the last 5 to 6 years every January and February. Have not stayed at the LQ or Best Western. I have to agree with SteerageJoe's advice. LQ first, Best Western then IP.

We were able to find reasonable rates at the IP so that swayed us to that property. They also have an $8.95 resort fee in addition to the quoted rate. Rates lately have been on the high side in my opinion. The rooms are very basic and not all include a microwave and refrigerator. The bathrooms are what I would call rough. The property itself is nice, especially the pool and grounds and nice bar right on the beach.

There is a Denny's across the street for breakfast and a Dunkin Donuts about 2 blocks away. They don't offer breakfast as part of their standard room rate.

At times the property can be noisy due to lots of cruise groups and sports groups that book this property. I would book this property if it is a lot cheaper than the other options otherwise consider staying somewhere else.

Hope this gives you more food for thought.

We've stayed at the International Palms for the last 5 to 6 years every January and February. Have not stayed at the LQ or Best Western. I have to agree with SteerageJoe's advice. LQ first, Best Western then IP.

We were able to find reasonable rates at the IP so that swayed us to that property. They also have an $8.95 resort fee in addition to the quoted rate. Rates lately have been on the high side in my opinion. The rooms are very basic and not all include a microwave and refrigerator. The bathrooms are what I would call rough. The property itself is nice, especially the pool and grounds and nice bar right on the beach.

There is a Denny's across the street for breakfast and a Dunkin Donuts about 2 blocks away. They don't offer breakfast as part of their standard room rate.

At times the property can be noisy due to lots of cruise groups and sports groups that book this property. I would book this property if it is a lot cheaper than the other options otherwise consider staying somewhere else.

Hope this gives you more food for thought.

Thank you tartan cruiser! This really helps... My best rate is at LaQinta which sounds like my best choice all the way around. :)

Just a heads up. If you want the oceanfront LQ make sure that is the one you book since there are 2 in the Cocoa Beach area. One is across the street from the Palms and about a block from the ocean. The LQ closer to the Pier is the nicer one and oceanfront.

Thanks... Yes I found that out earlier in my search :)

Are there any hotels/areas you would recommend not staying? We were in Cocoa Beach for several days last year and I didn’t feel that there were any areas to avoid-but worth checking!

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are there any hotels/areas you would recommend not staying? We were in Cocoa Beach for several days last year and I didn’t feel that there were any areas to avoid-but worth checking!

Thank you!!

Short answer in terms of safety is - no!! Pick an hotel and you will be fine.

• 1 year later...

I have stayed at the International palms resort and have had my wedding their.Al it was  a great .It's a older place but it's great .Staff is great and friendly. Wall to the beach We are doing a fundraiser for the Children Miracle Network at the International palms resort  on November 16.And it's not far from the Port and they have a bus shuttle to the port.