Not getting off ship.

wyattm

Royal Caribbean has you complete a form stating whether you will or will not get off the ship in Cuba. If you choose NO, then you do not have to purchase a visa. They only check the visa at Cuban Customs as you enter the ship terminal. No where on board do you have to show the visa.

But, why would you book a cruise that goes to Cuba and not get off the ship???

I'm pretty sure that I read on the Oceania website that they will not let you board the ship in Miami unless you have a Cuban visa. But different cruise lines may have different policies on this, and YES, why take a cruise to Cuba without getting off the ship?

Royal Caribbean has you complete a form stating whether you will or will not get off the ship in Cuba

What form are you referring to? The Travel Certification Form? The one that you fill out at the port authorizing RC to charge the $75 to the onboard account if you didn’t get the visa in advance? Other? Maybe I didn’t read these forms thoroughly but I don’t remember an option to opt out of the visa.

With all of that said, the $75 I spent on the Cuban visa was the best money I’ve spent on a cruise in a long time. What a fascinating port!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am very much American and I LOVED my trip to Cuba last year. Thank goodness Cuba was amazing. Because the ship I was on was really bad. It didn't matter. I took 2 private tours with OldCarTours.com. I opted for the driver with the guide. I was a solo female passenger and both tour guides treated me like a Princess. To this day, Yaser and I still send emails and photos and keep in touch. I wouldn't have missed that trip for anything.

From the https://www.royalcaribbean.com/ website:

Question: What if I do not want to disembark the ship in Cuba? What box should I select in the Travel Certification?

Answer: All guests must certify by indicating which category of authorized travel they will be traveling under, regardless of whether they intend to disembark in Cuba.

Edited by rederob
Fixed formatting from website