Aft balcony on Breeze

Brutus42

We had an aft balcony on the Magic, and really enjoyed it. The extra balcony space was nice, especially since there was a lounge chair. I had some nice naps out there. The location was very quiet - there wasn't much traffic in the hallway. We did have some ash blow onto our balcony, but it wasn't a problem. Also, you do not get a breeze, so it can get hot. In the fall, though, you should be fine. You can't beat that wake view!

We were in aft balcony cabin number 8477 on the breeze in 2016. We will never get the aft balcony again. There was too much black soot on the whole balcony. You couldn’t sit on any of the chairs on the balcony without the black soot rubbing off onto your clothes.

We have stayed in aft-extended balconies on the Magic and the Breeze.

Once on deck 7, the next two times on deck 9. Vastly preferred deck 9. More privacy, some shade from overhang of the Lido deck. Very quiet, except when backing into port. No soot. No problem with noise from Lido.

Loved the size, the lounger, and man, that view! Over 180 degrees, and the wake is simply mesmerizing.

Downside, especially in the summer, there is no breeze. It is really hot at certain times of the day.

Hope this helps and that you enjoy your cruise.

We stayed in an Aft for the first time in 2010, have never booked anything else since! We love it, it's quiet and I love the way the Ocean looks back there. Never had a problem with soot, once we did have neighbors who didn't understand how dangerous smoking on a balcony could be. Also we love the vibration back there, lulls us right to sleep.

We we’re in an aft on Breeze , deck 6. No soot problems at all but the aft of the ship and I mean the entire aft smelled so bad of sewer it was nauseating. Piano bar smelled so bad you couldn’t even enjoy it. If I ever cruise carnival again I’d choose Breeze but would definitely stay in the middle of the ship .

Just off Glory and the whole ship smelled , not sure what the problem is.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my honeymoon on The Breeze in 2016 early November, we had an aft facing balcony cabin on deck 9 and we loved it. Being one deck below the buffet I would go up and grab a couple of cups of coffee, and some cold cuts and sit on the balcony as the sun came up, it was amazing.

We didn't have a problem with soot or deck chair noise for most of the cruise. We were also in the middle of the ship. The only time we had a problem with deck chairs scraping was early morning on the last day as we were approaching our home port, as the crew began cleaning everything. We are going on the Breeze in a few months and have a Vista Balcony booked this time around, we'll see how that goes.

• 4 months later...

We get an aft balcony whenever possible. The view is fantastic! We have an aft balcony again on one of our upcoming cruises. Besides a large suite, this is our second favorite cabin type. We've only had it on Carnival ships, but we've had it several times.

We get an aft balcony whenever possible. The view is fantastic! We have an aft balcony again on one of our upcoming cruises. Besides a large suite, this is our second favorite cabin type. We've only had it on Carnival ships, but we've had it several times.

So is desk 6 aft , ok with the Liquid Lounge one desk down?

So is desk 6 aft , ok with the Liquid Lounge one desk down?

We usually prefer lower decks, we usually get an aft on deck 4 if available. We are usually right over the dining room and have never had trouble with noise or smells.

Staying if 8472 in October. Is the soot just bad on this boat? I stayed in an aft balcony in the glory and splendor and soot was never a problem. Anyone else have any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Gary,

We are booked in 8472 in October as well. Did you receive any replies on this? Our son is in the adjoining cabin.

Thanks!

We are in 8472 this Sunday, 8/12. I will let you know when we return!!! Our first choice is an AFT balcony. We LOVE aft balconies!!! Yes, one time we had a BIT of soot when we went out in the morning. Nothing that a quick wipe down with a damp towel did not resolve. Your room steward will replace your towels throughout the day and getting clean towels is not an issue, so why do people feel the soot is a problem. If you don't make it a problem, it isn't a problem. WE LOVE THE VIEW.

We are in 8472 this Sunday, 8/12. I will let you know when we return!!! Our first choice is an AFT balcony. We LOVE aft balconies!!! Yes, one time we had a BIT of soot when we went out in the morning. Nothing that a quick wipe down with a damp towel did not resolve. Your room steward will replace your towels throughout the day and getting clean towels is not an issue, so why do people feel the soot is a problem. If you don't make it a problem, it isn't a problem. WE LOVE THE VIEW.

Have a wonderful time! I look forward to hearing from you upon your return!