On board question.

keithhutch

hi,can some one clear something up regarding on board credit,can you use it towards the tips I have seen on two sites one saying yes the other no.i have actually taken a snap of the one that says “automatic tips” can be paid by on board credit.

Thanks in advance.

what you spend aboard will rack up against your OBC accounts - which are per card... so make sure you spend on both cards to use your allowance on each "account" these are then combined on one bill at the end if that's how you elect to pay or separately if not.

• 3 weeks later...
what you spend aboard will rack up against your OBC accounts - which are per card... so make sure you spend on both cards to use your allowance on each "account" these are then combined on one bill at the end if that's how you elect to pay or separately if not.
I'd never have thought of that, so thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

I'd never have thought of that, so thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

As long as you are both paying on one card for the cabin then one card can pay most things and the other not many. As long as the two together spend the OBC then there is not a problem. We do this all the time.

It is different if the two people in a cabin have registered two separate cards.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As DaiB has said, as long as you present one credit / debit card per cabin at check in, your accounts are ‘linked’ and it doesn’t matter which Cruise card is used on the ship. I tend to present my Cruise card for 90% of our on board spend but my wife’s OBC is always deducted from the final bill.

As DaiB has said, as long as you present one credit / debit card per cabin at check in, your accounts are ‘linked’ and it doesn’t matter which Cruise card is used on the ship. I tend to present my Cruise card for 90% of our on board spend but my wife’s OBC is always deducted from the final bill.

Yes, we do exactly the same and it works fine for us.