Blackjack Band still on the Dream?

Hey - Does anyone know if the Blackjack Band is still on the Dream?

We sailed on her in 2011 and they were our absolute favorite entertainment ever.

Just curious if they were still sailing and performing on her.

Would love to sail her again if they are.

Yes, I read a recent review and it mentioned the Blackjack Band but they seemed to think the lead singer wasn't very good. I look forward to seeing for myself in 28 days!!

Edited by BigB0882

BlackJack band is GREAT! It's a man and wife who head up this band. Both do vocals, as well as play multiple instruments, and both are excellent IMO. They offer a variety of different styles of music, and are very entertaining. I too, hope they stay aboard Carnival ships for a long long time, as I never tire of them. (He also performs the "fiddle parts" and sings "Devil Went Down to Georgia", in the BIG show, "8 More Seconds").

"SKY"

They are still there and they now have a FB page Jimmy & Mel, Blackjack Band. I think they leave the Dream the first part of May :(

For good or just for vacation?

I wish the Dream was still in Port Canaveral too. We could drive to New Orleans but have done the western itinerary so many times we don't really want to do it again but may have to in order to see the Blackjack Band again.

I believe they said they would be off from May through September. Don't know if they will go back to the Dream or another ship!

Do you remember where you read/heard this? I've been very curious as to their future with Carnival & the Dream. I have cruised with them 6 times now, and my last time (1 year ago) was the best. I got to hang out & talk with them almost every night, during breaks & after they were done for the night. They gave me such a warm greeting on the first night when they first saw me. They are as friendly as can be. And I love listening to them play as well. They bring so much to the atmosphere of the entire ship. And Jimmy playing fiddle in the country show adds so much to that show.

They had told me about their following 2 contracts, which would end in May 2015. And after that, they would have a vacation of at least 6 weeks, and they weren't sure if Carnival would want them back after that. With Carnival's overall movement to reduce live music, the band was feeling like Carnival wouldn't bring them back. I am really hoping that they will be brought back, preferably still with the Dream (my favorite ship).

I'm really disappointed that they won't be on Dream when we cruise this summer. We totally enjoyed them and we also enjoyed a group called Music Mix on Liberty. I wish that while BlackJack band is off, Music Mix could play on Dream, but who knows what band will be playing?

I do believe if BlackJack's contract is renewed, they will be back on Dream as they were the band that played when Dream was in Pt Canaveral as we saw them there the six times we sailed that ship.