Equinox Live June 16-23, 2018

BermudaBound2014

I got a message from him this morning saying he was leaving the Equinox on July 14th and going on vacation until he starts on the Edge.

Did he say how his mouth was? Tell him lots of 6/16 guests are wishing him well.

I do wonder if equinox will be the same without him. I’m not sure how expansive the roll he plays in the overall vibe of the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he say how his mouth was? Tell him lots of 6/16 guests are wishing him well.

I do wonder if equinox will be the same without him. I’m not sure how expansive the roll he plays in the overall vibe of the ship.

I will shoot him a message and ask about his mouth:D

He say's he is fine. He cut the underside of his tongue pretty bad and isn't allowed to talk yet. LOL He stated that that's pretty hard for him being the CD! Anyway all is good and he hopes to see everyone sometime on the Edge!

39august- we did not see any free sushi class but were not looking. I did post all the dailies so if it were offered i would think it would be somewhere in those.

Space- thanks for checking in on Maartin. Glad he’s well. Not talking will certainly be challenging for him.

Is it wrong that I made all my friends gather on the balcony to watch oasis of the seas depart? I swear if I lived here I’d be useless because I’d spend all my time watching ships. My friends weren’t all that thrilled. They just don’t understand lol. She sure is pretty AND gigantic!!

0e8a3050c7d4e0085f730fc1a7477968.jpg

3967536611462a4402b0c2bba7e133f3.jpg

cda83d821f4a6d0b3d69342fdb59abc3.jpg

I wish I remembered my cloud types- these are seriously cool

572e4e2f9bd1d074a1949ab51d952097.jpg

Nice photos and nice thread.

BTW your clouds are towering cumulus clouds. With additional vertical development, as they day goes on, they become cumulo-nimbus clouds--your classic thunderstorm cloud.

Edited by mahdnc

LOVE YOUR POST! I leave in 5 days to board the Equinox. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome! We also board this weekend.....we now live in about as south of Ga that you can! But I was born and raised near Ft. Knox!

Loved reading your review! Thanks for taking the time! I'm like you and always enjoy watching the ships.

I found myself looking at the last daily sheet of activities already getting sad that it was almost over. LOL

I cruise on this ship 8/4 and it's our first time on Celebrity. We've done 12 with Carnival.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally home and caught up. Last night we had a cruise review party with the gals and it brought back so many great memories of an outstanding cruise.

Some final thoughts....I had a nice extended stay at the Hilton marina in Fort Lauderdale after the cruise. It’s in a great location, but in need of a facelift. If you can overlook peeling paint and some worn furniture, this is a great hotel for cruise lovers. I watched Caribbean princess, allure, and a carnival ship both sail in and out right from my balcony. My original room had issues and I was moved to a suite with double balcony so that was a nice recovery on behalf of the hotel. Of course we did the beach and water taxi. Here are some pics from fll and the hotel-

From my 2nd room. 7th floor tower corner suite

ea1263bd2f5c46830a863c2a3f78d12b.jpg

e031518de530e444a178eb8dfb4285c2.jpg

27022e666ee96c8617d9c71ad14e163e.jpg

From water taxi

69680d6c3b52005b9daecd6315a37c4a.jpg

79f6cd653abae503b21d43eda2d9a0f5.jpg

From my first room 8th floor tower marina view (you can not see port from marina view rooms).

d96886a316f7f03dff7df7ac23717d84.jpg

8c633abeb613ec065fa745bf7f266611.jpg

More of the allure sailing away- this was from my second room facing away from the marina and toward port Everglades. She sure is a beauty!

cbaa7a07d3f54a211e0b752b79540752.jpg

07dbfb6aab5b04f4bfd1ed28aa82a0df.jpg

94268a8f3823fd6c5600c55ebb16faff.jpg

So, the girls and I put together a list of things that could be improved on equinox just to give this thread some balance. This is what we came up with- it’s Total nitpicking, but for the purpose of offering constructive criticism:

1-There are no roaming servers bringing around coffee at the buffet during breakfast. They did have additional self serve coffee stations set up on tables, but I did not see one server with a pot to serve at the table (or just top off). Maybe this was just a fluke? I can’t remember a line that doesn’t have roaming servers for coffee and juice. I’ve seen desserts brought around on a rolling cart at lunch and dinner too, but found nothing like that on equinox.

2-They are also lacking chocolate self serve ice cream (only strawberry or vanilla the three times I’ve asked). Chocolate self serve should be a given (lol). They did have chocolate hard packed always though.

3- We never saw a cobbler next to the ice cream. Yes on the bread puddings (vanilla, banana, peach etc... ), but not one cobbler which I do enjoy on other lines with a scoop of vanilla.

4- The loungers are way too close together in the solarium. They actually touch with a nice ledge to set a drink, BUt if you are not on an end you need to climb in on your hands and knees. Several people were having difficulties. I’m sure I wasn’t the epitome of grace either.

5. I think the aqua spa is underused. The hours are pretty limited and while the food was tasty, it was repetitive. I think offering healthy hot options would be a great use of this space-paninis and such.

Bottom line- we each booked a next cruise offer while onboard and I think that speaks for itself in terms of how much we liked equinox. There is something intangible that made this ship amazing for us. There are bigger, brighter, newer, and more opulent options for cruising, but equinox has just the right mix of each to hold her own against any main stream competition.

Ironically, i will end my postings with some photos of the desserts offered onboard.

6026893957ed0dfedc8774cac483bd97.jpg

2de4fccaef1924cd51d95f932499c44d.jpg

fded86fcd40bed87928de2c9f1d17ca1.jpg

Ice cream toppings- notice the SOUR GUMMY BeARS!! Who has sour gummy bears on a cruise? yUm- Admittedly I have the pallet of a toddler at times, but I treated myself to sour gummies before bed every night:).

23a313cde2081a343b0be69220809f34.jpg

If you have any questions, fire away!! I love reliving great experiences :)

I did go to a free sushi class (day 3) this past Monday on the Equinox. Was really good (and free)

I saw coffee cart a couple of times in the oceanview cafe but not every day.

AND YES, loungers way too close in solarium and aqua spa cafe good but too limited/repetitive choices...

thank you so much for doing your review- it help me get ready and excited (was on the 7/7 cruise)

Jill