Do You tink we can do NCL Sun with an Electric Scooter in a balcony cabin?

SS Exeter

Have a cruise booked on the NCL Sun in March. We have a regular balcony booked. Problem is hubby uses an electric scooter. I do think we can get it thru the door - but is there any room to keep it in the cabin???

There are only 4 accessible balcony cabin and they are all booked. One week till final payment so I will keep calling to see if anyone cancels.

No one that I have spoken to at NCL - including Access Desk - can tell me if this will work or not......

Friends are going on this cruise so we would love to be able to go but don't know what to do with the scooter.

I know there is no place out of the cabin to leave it.

Any advice would really be appreciated.

We just got off the Sun and had an interior stateroom. It was huge in comparison to the larger ships (e.g. Getaway) so I'm sure your balcony room will accommodate the scooter. Your room steward can probably help arrange things a bit in the room to help too.

Keep trying for the handicap accessible cabin.

The feature of the handicap cabin is the wide entry door as opposed to the standard cabin configuration.

A thought if there are any sideways facing Inside Cabins these would be perfect for the scooter or electric

motorized device.

While the scooter can not be stored in any passageway/hall way etc. there are locations that the cabin

stewards use for storage that may work.

Parking the scooter outside your cabin door briefly is OK - but may conflict with movement of service carts.

Are you able to pilot the scooter to and from a storage area ?

Can or does your husband move about the cabin with a walker ?

Folks with these scooter devices get along just fine - I have had two traveling associates that use them and

have no problems except for waiting to get on elevators.

Your room steward can probably help arrange things a bit in the room to help too.

Your room steward can take the scooter and store it in the crew area when it is not in use. When it is needed, simply call Guest Services to have someone bring it around. Arrange this when you board with the Access Officer. NCL is very good about this!

Thank you all so much for your help on this.

I will keep checking to see if an accessible cabin becomes available.

The day we get back from this cruise is the same day these guys left for Viet Nam n 1967 - so it is a very meaningful time for us to cruise.

I want it to be as easy as possible and you have put my mind at ease.:cool:

We just got off the Dawn and people were leaving their scooters in the hallway. It was off to the side, so not a big deal to side step, but if someone else on a scooter needed to get by I am not sure it would have worked.

I'm totally surprised by this. Folks shouldn't have to side step to get by, not to mention it hinders other passengers with scooters and walkers and God forbid what would happen if there were an emergency. Just another example of folks only thinking about themselves and not others.