SpaceX Rocket Launch tomorrow Cape Canaveral for those on Grandeur

As the title indicates, I was in prep meetings yesterday and it was mentioned by one of our Coast Guard counterparts that Grandeur will be in port until 9pm tomorrow night. For those of you onboard, we have a SpaceX Falcon launch scheduled for tomorrow evening at 8pm. The window is technically from 8-10pm, but they're trying for 8. It will also include a landing at Cape Canaveral approximately 8 minutes after liftoff. Highly recommend you get outside to one of the upper decks for a few minutes and check it out if you haven't before as it's a certainly a sight.

Check out spaceflightnow.com for countdown updates if you're interested.

As the title indicates, I was in prep meetings yesterday and it was mentioned by one of our Coast Guard counterparts that Grandeur will be in port until 9pm tomorrow night. For those of you onboard, we have a SpaceX Falcon launch scheduled for tomorrow evening at 8pm. The window is technically from 8-10pm, but they're trying for 8. It will also include a landing at Cape Canaveral approximately 8 minutes after liftoff. Highly recommend you get outside to one of the upper decks for a few minutes and check it out if you haven't before as it's a certainly a sight.

Sounds like you're an expert and I'm just a guy who likes to stand in my backyard and watch.

But both spaceflightnow.com and the SpaceX twitter are saying 1/7 (Sunday).

Is that wrong?

Something I would love to see. Hopefully there will be one when Symphony Ta arrives. I will keep checking the link to the Web site.

Thanks

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

Sounds like you're an expert and I'm just a guy who likes to stand in my backyard and watch.

But both spaceflightnow.com and the SpaceX twitter are saying 1/7 (Sunday).

Is that wrong?

Not wrong, at the time it was scheduled for Friday. Now scheduled for Sunday, same time. Delays do happen from time to time for any number of reasons. Hopefully it does actually go Sunday, although too bad the folks on Grandeur won't get to see it now.

These Space X tests can play havoc with travel. Back in Feb a Friday launch was scrubbed and rescheduled for 10am Saturday. We had a 9am EWR - FLL flight. At airport learned all flights from the midwest and northeast with destinations south of Orlando were being held until 11:30am to accommodate launch. Of course launch was delayed over an hour and ultimately scrubbed. We didn't reach FLL until 4pm. Fortunately we flew in a day early, but there were 6 ships in port that day and lots of folks were scrambling through airport.