Alcohol drink packages

I just booked my cruise but do not leave until March 2019. I wanted to go ahead and get the alcohol package but did not realize both people in the room had to pay for the package which would put it close to $1100 total. Is there a way to not have to pay for both people since one of the guest does not drink? When I called they said the only way would be that 1 person get the alcohol and 1 person has to get the non alcoholic package at a total of $250. Someone please help me so I can spend that money else where on the ship!!!!!!

Thank you for your help!

You've already gotten the answer. Online if one person gets it all adults in the cabin have to get it.

If you call in you can get an exception where the second adult can just get the refreshment package, which is the highest non-alcoholic package.

If that doesn't work for you you can either buy drinks ala carte without any package, or book two rooms at the solo rate. Just have to figure out which of those options is the best price-wise. (It will be either deluxe+refreshment or ala carte, depending on how much you will drink)

Yep, that's as good as it gets. We have a short jaunt to Cuba in about a week. Thought about getting the drink package for both of us, but that was over $400. DW said she doesn't plan to drink very much (she's on what seems to be a perpetual diet -- and she's doing well with it) so I called and got the alcoholic pkg for me and the refreshment pkg for her. The operator didn't miss a beat; it was just "that's no problem" and they billed my credit card.

I just booked my cruise but do not leave until March 2019. I wanted to go ahead and get the alcohol package but did not realize both people in the room had to pay for the package which would put it close to $1100 total. Is there a way to not have to pay for both people since one of the guest does not drink? When I called they said the only way would be that 1 person get the alcohol and 1 person has to get the non alcoholic package at a total of $250. Someone please help me so I can spend that money else where on the ship!!!!!!

Thank you for your help!

them's the rules. everyone( of legal drinking age) in the cabin must get a drink package. they are being nice and giving the option to purchase a NA package instead on making everyone get the same package.

You have to remember all the other beverages the NON alcohol package includes.

If purchasing them without a package they can quickly add up and easily exceed the package price..

Bottled water, juices, frozen virgin drinks, coffees, they do add up and we always cruise the Caribbean where we tend to drink a lot more than we do at home.. LOL

bosco

them's the rules. everyone( of legal drinking age) in the cabin must get a drink package. they are being nice and giving the option to purchase a NA package instead on making everyone get the same package.
It depends on the cruise line. Celebrity does not require other guests in the same cabin to buy the alcohol package.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your help!

Once you qualify for Diamond status, you get the free Happy Hour, which runs from 4:30 to 8. We enjoyed that on our Explorer cruise for 23 days last April/May and didn't have to buy a single alcoholic drink on the ship.

Best way to determine if a drink package works for you is to cruise without one and keep tabs on how much you spend. Also, look at the drink package discounts that RCI has sometimes. Further, if you are a beer and wine drinker, sometimes RCI offers a beer and wine drinks package that is cheaper than the total one.