Roosters at Cane or Brewer's

klr6773

Hi Everyone,

We're headed on the NCL Escape to Tortola. Decided since it's a short day ,we'll skip the Baths and go to either Cane Garden or Brewer's for a few hours of beach....and then, I saw a picture- a darn rooster!

Our 14 y.o. DD is deathly afraid of chickens and roosters. Her fear is very real and very upsetting.( I know how I'd feel if I was in a room full of spiders!) It would make the day stressful and you should never use that word on vacation!

Has anyone been to either or both beaches? Did you see many roosters? If there's just a random one here or there, our younger DD has taken the role of protector and will shoo them away for us. If there's dozens, then we will have to change plans.

Thank you for your help! I've had the same chats about STT!

Hi Everyone,

We're headed on the NCL Escape to Tortola. Decided since it's a short day ,we'll skip the Baths and go to either Cane Garden or Brewer's for a few hours of beach....and then, I saw a picture- a darn rooster!

Our 14 y.o. DD is deathly afraid of chickens and roosters. Her fear is very real and very upsetting.( I know how I'd feel if I was in a room full of spiders!) It would make the day stressful and you should never use that word on vacation!

Has anyone been to either or both beaches? Did you see many roosters? If there's just a random one here or there, our younger DD has taken the role of protector and will shoo them away for us. If there's dozens, then we will have to change plans.

Understand your genuine concerns. Go to Brewer's

I remember your post inquiring about Lindquist on the St Thomas Board and thought how awesome that it was that you took your daughter's fears seriously and were looking for information to help with that.

We went to Brewer's in Tortolla the same cruise as we went to Linquist in St Thomas (2015). The taxi will drop you off in the small parking lot of Nicole's Beach Bar. There were a couple of chickens (maybe 4-5) there but they were across the road from Nicole's. If things are the same, your daughter might have seen them but they wouldn't, by any means, have been right next to her. I don't recall seeing any chickens down on or near the beach. I will double check with my husband to make sure he remembers the same.

Hope this helps!

We've stayed in CGB and I don't remember ever seeing a rooster but there may have been one here or there. They are certainly out and about along with the goats, and I'd hate to say you won't see a group and then you do.

Brewers is quite a bit less populated but I'm not sure what that means in terms of roosters...?

Hi Everyone,

We went to CGB and did see a few chickens on the edge of the beach but they didn't come running towards us or near to us.

One of the things we did notice on our cruise was that there were chickens around on quite a few islands sometimes just outside the ports, but not dozens and they did keep themselves to themselves - just deploy young DD !!

If the sight of chickens creates as much fear as you describe (and I'm sure you know) you may want to consider another vacation other than a Caribbean cruise as they are prevalent on many islands. You will certainly see them along the roads, and they may approach you since they have no reason to fear you.

Don't want to alarm you, but you can make better decisions with honest feedback. If your daughter says the sight of a group of chickens won't be that big a problem then she will be fine. Any she may not see any! Just understand they do roam free throughout many of the islands including STT and other major cruise line ports.