Royal Princess

Gidget424

We've booked a 10 night cruise on the Royal Princess, mediterranean, Rome, Croatia, etc ending in Barcelona. We have a deluxe balcony room on Deck 8, room E204. It's only my 2nd cruise having done Celebrity Silhouette in Sept where we were mid ship uppper deck. I tend to suffer from sea sickness so want to know if this room will be ok for me or is it recommended we change it now while we stilll can?

I can't say how rough the seas will be, but cabin 204 is pretty far forward, and forward cabins do feel a lot of motion. You are also booked on a lower deck, so that should alleviate some of the motion. Wish we could foresee the future sea conditions, but I've done a similar cruise and as far as I can recall the seas were fairly calm. That said, I don't get motion sick so am not a good judge. Hope you get some better replies and are able to make a good decision for yourself. Royal Princess is a fabulous ship!

I can only add a few things to the post by GloriaF based on my wife being very susceptible to all types of motion sickness.

As posted, lower decks are more stable and midship is best for her but aft is better than being forward. But the conditions are impossible to predict so she brings Meclizine (much less expensive antihistamine generic version of Bonine) which when necessary has helped her to enjoy dozens of cruises. It's definitely helped her even during the notoriously rough crossing of the Tasman Sea between AUS & NZ in 20'-25' seas with near hurricane force winds.

I can only add a few things to the post by GloriaF based on my wife being very susceptible to all types of motion sickness.

As posted, lower decks are more stable and midship is best for her but aft is better than being forward. But the conditions are impossible to predict so she brings Meclizine (much less expensive antihistamine generic version of Bonine) which when necessary has helped her to enjoy dozens of cruises. It's definitely helped her even during the notoriously rough crossing of the Tasman Sea between AUS & NZ in 20'

has any cruisers out there have good experience with sea bands? thx, poupette

Yup, DW swears by them. At times I've recently felt some queasiness so I tried em too.. seemed to work well. Hard to argue about pressure point fixes. Call me a believer.

has any cruisers out there have good experience with sea bands? thx, poupette

My husband uses them every cruise, he especially gets sick on smaller boats such as the ones for dive or snorkel trips...since he started using the bands he has not been sick once.

Of course, we also travel with the patches for really rough seas and these have been great for him as well.