Serenade of the Seas out of Boston, September 2018

Need recommendation for hotel close to the dock - if possible. Thanks

Please post your question on the East Coast Board and include:

1). exact date

2). Number of people

3 ) realistic hotel budget (Boston hotels are very expensive and fall is high season)

4). Flying or driving

5). Any other pertinent details about how you envision your Boston trip

I am arriving from the Serenade TA on Sept. 11. I have booked the Adams Inn Quincy for a couple of days. I have read they have a port shuttle. They are a bit out of town, but the HOHO bus does stop there. Reasonable price for Boston.

I am arriving from the Serenade TA on Sept. 11. I have booked the Adams Inn Quincy for a couple of days. I have read they have a port shuttle. They are a bit out of town, but the HOHO bus does stop there. Reasonable price for Boston.

The Adams Inn is about 7 miles from downtown Boston in Quincy Mass.

• 4 months later...

Near the port you're going to spend upwards of 200 per night per room. You might be better off staying near Logan Airport in East Boston and getting an early ride over. Otherwise, staying further out like in Quincy is a decent way to go. I used to live in Somerville (North of Boston) and I'd say that would be a decent place but not a lot of hotel choices. There's a decent Holiday Inn if you can get a room. Cambridge is going to expensive, too, as it's close to Harvard and MIT and hotels can charge a premium for visitors. Avoid Mattapan and Roxbury.

Near the port you're going to spend upwards of 200 per night per room. You might be better off staying near Logan Airport in East Boston and getting an early ride over. Otherwise, staying further out like in Quincy is a decent way to go. I used to live in Somerville (North of Boston) and I'd say that would be a decent place but not a lot of hotel choices. There's a decent Holiday Inn if you can get a room. Cambridge is going to expensive, too, as it's close to Harvard and MIT and hotels can charge a premium for visitors. Avoid Mattapan and Roxbury.

Prices at port run $300-400 in the Fall

We’ll be taking Serenade of the Seas out of Boston in early October. We have made reservations to stay the The Adams Inn (Best Western) in Quincy, MA...they have a shuttle service to the pier (both ways) that is included in their rate ...”Park and Fly” or “Park and Sail” (they offer shuttle service to Logan as well) we have used this service several times and things couldn’t have gone smoother.....used Uber to go into Boston the night before....